18 - ♣ Heady Realization (ii)

Scene: Rovanna & Dmitri Machiavelli

"That's it for today folks. We'll meet next class." facing him once more, she spoke on
"This is what happens when you come to class late. You waste your time... and my time. Dmitri wait behind, I'd like to speak with you" her gaze was firm, never leaving his.

When the class had dispersed, she went over to sit at her desk, offering him a sit too.

"So speak. What are you doing here Dmitri Machiavelli?" She asked crossing her legs

"Do you treat all your students this way? I only want to learn art la mia pazza fica selvaggia"

"I don't speak whatever language that is"

"Trust me. You don't need to know what that is" he murmured solemnly

"I'm sorry if I wasn't that welcoming. It's been a really stressful month... year even. But if you're really here to learn art, like you say, then that's not a crime. Welcome to the fold Mr. Dmitri. And make sure to come earlier to my next class. You can go now"

"Va bene, cagna erratica"

"I said don't speak that"

"I know. It's precisely why I said it. Good day Mrs. Goucher." He said standing up, and leisurely walking away. Like he had all the bloody time in the world.

******************************************
Scene: Rovanna & Sophie(best friend)

Rovanna walked tiredly into the staffroom, to see Sophie nursing a bottle of burbon with her legs sprawled on the table.

"You certainly took your time"

"I'm sorry. An incident came up in class. Nothing to worry about. Let's talk about you and why you want to break up with Salacious Nygma. Did he do something baby?" Rove asked, coming to sit down.

"I don't know, he's been acting so weird lately, it even freaks me out sometimes. So I came to his house one day, admittedly uninvited but as the fiancée I get to do that right? On his study desk, was a cheque for a hundred and fifty thousand dollars signed by him, and different images of a big red diamond were plastered on his walls. The Sal that I know could barely afford a hundred bucks talkless of.... Needless to say, I think he's delved into something that I don't wanna be a part of.. refuse to be a part of"

"Wow! Of all the things I expected, I never expected you to accuse him of being a diamond thief. You know, I probably expected something along the lines of... he cheated on me, I saw him fucking his mother... romancing a dog.. my gosh this is hilarious! So let me get this straight. You want to break up with your boyfriend of three years, turned fiance, because of something you're not even sure of? Girl, have you lost your goddamn mind?"

"I just think he isn't totally honest with me, that's all. I mean I love him but, I don't want the foundation of our marriage to be built on lies. I confronted him about it, and he just brushed it off as if it was nothing."

"So maybe it is nothing then. What happened to trust Sophie? Aren't you supposed to trust the man you love? I really don't know what Sal does with the rest of his day, or what his alter ego slash personality is, but I do know that he loves you and that's good enough for me. It should be good enough for you too. So what if hypothetically speaking, he might be a diamond thief, who fucking loves you? which by the way, is even more than I can say about my own failed marriage... listen, Sal is the guy who you marry, and never have to worry about if he's gonna cheat on you or not, because he's the one guy that only focuses on one thing at a time. And when he does, he puts his heart, mind and soul into that one thing. And I am sitting down here telling you that right now, that one thing is you. Sal loves you Sophie. It is not everyday you get to see a guy show that much love, to a woman. So fuck everything else, and allow him make an honest woman out of you. You're gonna say those damn vows baby, and not because I said so, but because you want to. You love him every bit as much as he loves you. So stop trying to fight this. Let it happen. You're strong enough to let it happen. Sal's a good guy Sophie. If he was going to break your heart, he'd have done so a long time ago"

"You know you curse a lot for a mother" Sophie said, sniffing, trying to wipe the tears that had showed up, during the course of Rovanna's speech

"Really? And everyone else says I'm a saint, because I don't even try to use the mildest of curse words. Only you Sophie. You alone bring out the worst bitch in me. Get up. My car's in the mechanic. Come drive me home, so you can get back to preparing for your wedding" Rove concluded standing up

"You mean that condemned iron you insist on calling a car? Half of its parts are rusted, the other half is either damaged or missing" Sophie mocked, laughing, as she equally got up, both of them walking out of the dingy looking staff room

"Well at least it's mine. Which is more than I can say for you, daddy's girl. Plus I have a daughter to care for, so at least everyone knows where my money goes. Where does your money go?" Rove replied with a smirk

"You know where my money goes" Sophie replied in a huff

"Yeah I do. Victorian secrets and shopping?" Rove joked

"Well what's wrong with that?"
Sophie raised her both hands in the air

"mmhmm" Rovanna replied shrugging, trying to maintain a straight face

*************************************

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ • • • • • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ • • • • •

Author's Note

Voila! Sweethearts. Finally another chapter.

Pls, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

Vote!!
Click the empty start below page of this chapter. It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole. Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜
Xoxo! ♣ ♠ ♪ ♥ ♦ ••• ♣ ♠ ♪ ♥ ♦

Comments!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps. Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it. If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

Follow!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author. Also, you're always alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Next chapter coming right up!
Stay tuned!
Hey! hey! Before you go, hav you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave
BYE BYE!!!!😜😜😜