16 - ♣ The First Meeting (ii)

SCENE: ROVANNA GOUCHER(ARTIST) & SOPHIE(BEST FRIEND)

“I’m serious Rove” Sophie said, her voice breaking.

“No Sophie. You don’t get to be serious about shit like this. What do you mean by you can’t go through with it anymore? Sal loves you so much, he practically worships the very ground you walk on. Why would you want to do this to him?”

“I don’t know. I’m just… is there a place we can sit down and talk?” Sophie asked biting her lips.

“Actually I was heading to class right now, my last class for the day. You could wait in our office. I promise I’ll be quick. I’ll just give them something to do and get out” Rovanna promised.

“Alright” Sophie whispered

“Come here” Rovanna said, opening her arms and embracing Sophie, mumbling words of encouragement

“Everything’s going to be alright, okay? No matter what your decision is at the end of the day, I’ll still support you. If you suddenly had an urge to skinny dip in a public pool, I’d support you too. Haha! Because I'm your friend. It’s what best friends do right?”

“Yeah I know Ro. It’s why I love you so much. You and Mia. How’s she doing? Your daughter. I haven’t seen her in days now”

“Yes, because of the stress lately, I was forced to call Powell to come take her for a week” Rove sighed

“Oh my gosh. you called Powell? That guy is busier than the president. I’m surprised he could answer the call”

“Yeah, surprisingly he did. I was going to employ a nanny, but Mia really misses her dad. He’s what she talks about every day. And in some ways, she blames me for the divorce. Blames me for leaving him and ruining a good..hmmm…what she thinks was a good family”. Rosanna said looking down.

“Come on, don’t do that. Don’t you dare do that to yourself. I know she’s just seven, but she’s old enough to know her father was a selfish, lying son of a bitch who had time for only himself and his dick”

“Oh-ho! That was a good one. Himself and his dick!” Rovanna said laughing, a lone tear sliding down her cheeks.

“You can go to class, and make sure to hurry up, 'cause I’ll be waiting”

**********************************************************

Rove walked into her class, scanning the whole area.

The flowery printed skirt she wore on a baby pink sweater, allowed her more leg movement.

She was wearing matching pink flats, with her long brown hair in a ponytail.

This was like her trade mark dressing. Always on pleated skirts, she had lots of them at home actually. They didn’t exactly flatter your shape, because they were loose and fled, but then, she wasn’t looking for a boyfriend at the school where she was working either.

She had lots of sweater too, of various colours. It was what she wore everyday, because she easily got cold.

And then lots of flats because they were more comfortable to walk in.

Her hair was very straight and long, it touched her butt. When Mia, her daughter, was younger, she’d love to play with it and put it in her mouth; and so to prevent that, Rove had had to get used to either packing the hair up in a ponytail, or a bun.

Old habits died hand apparently.

Sophie was just like her. Same dressing style, which is why they’d hit it off instantly.

Except of course, that Sophie was way taller, had short black hair, preferred wearing jeans than skirts, and had a far greater arse.

Hers wasn’t bad, it was just the perfect size for her body; not excessively big like Sophie’s.

“Good day class”

“Good day ma’am” they chorused back

“Today’s class is going to be a spin off from our last class. Sketching of still life. And…”

The door suddenly opened and someone walked in. Turning to look at who that was, her breath hitched and her heart came close to stopping…literarily.

The one man who constantly made number one on Forbes most handsome and successful men’s list every year unfailingly.

The Dmitri Machiavelli, was standing in her small class room right now, staring straight at her.

And yes, even people like her who practically lived under a rock, still knew who Dmitri Machiavelli was.

He was the man every woman wanted. The public face of the Order Of Machiavelli.

Everyone knew there was a higher power, who ran the Order. His elder brother, Dominikov Machiavelli. But nobody had ever seen his face and lived long enough to talk about it. Only trusted aides and family knew how Dominikov Machiavelli really looked like.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ • • • • • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ • • • • •

Author's Note

Voila! Sweethearts. Finally another chapter.

Pls, if you liked this chapter, don't forget to

Vote!!
Click the empty start below page of this chapter. It's just a single star, but it goes a long way to show me how much you appreciated the chapter, and the story as a whole. Even if you're a silent reader, it really doesn't take much to hit the empty star! Thanks a lot!😜
Xoxo! ♣ ♠ ♪ ♥ ♦ ••• ♣ ♠ ♪ ♥ ♦

Comments!!!
This is just as important as voting, ergo, even more important, peharps. Comment on parts of the chapter you loved, changes you peharps want me to effect, or what you just generally loved about the story. It's really really appreciated. And it shows me that, alright Esther, there are people out there who are genuinely reading your works, and genuinely love it. If it's a criticism you wish to chip in, that's fine too. As long as it's useful and constructive.

Follow!!!!
Alright, so this is just as important as well. You tap on my profile from the story, and go hit the follow button, if you genuinely liked the work, or wish to learn more about me, the author. Also, you're always alerted on your page, whenever I post a new chapter update on any of my works, including this one!

Next chapter coming right up!
Stay tuned!
Hey! hey! Before you go, hav you VOTED yet?
Pls do so before you leave
BYE BYE!!!!😜😜😜