39

Zabdiel

I slowly walk through the college's hall knowing that at this time of the morning I was alone. I put my earphones on and my hoodie over my head hiding my undone hair.

I look at my wrist, checking the time, after seeing the cafeteria windows opening, realising it wasn't as early as I thought.

-Goodmorning. - I say looking at the ladies still putting their aprons on and loudly gossiping.

-It doesn't seem like a good morning for you, kid. - I snort and they both give me a pity look.

-Ive had better. - I say taking the earbuds off my ears.

-Is it the girl? - I look up to them and see they both smiling at me. I nod snorting as I look down. -Extra strong? - One of them asks and I nod again smiling at her.

-I need it. 

As I'm waiting for my coffee, she hands me a plate with a dark chocolate muffin. Angel's favorite. Our usual order. I take my wallet off my pocket again since I only paid for the coffee and she touches my hand.

-Its on the house. - She says with a kind smile and I give her the best smile I can.

I sit on the usual table sipping the coffee and listening to the lyrics loudly playing in my ears as I see her entering the cafeteria. Her beautiful curls were messily falling over her shoulders and she slows down her pace as her eyes meet mine, realising I'm alone. She looks around before getting closer and touching the chair in front of me.

-Can I? - Her angelic voice asks and I feel the sadness she's trying to hide. My heart shatters knowing im the reason. I hate myself for doing this to her.

-Of course. -I say snorting. - Where else would you sit? - I mentally punch myself realising it didn't sound as I wish, seeing her sad eyes looking down.- I didn't mean it like that.

-I can sit on another table if you want. - I see her eyes watering as she tried to keep a straight face. My heart aches, skipping a beat.

-Angel... - Our eyes meet and I push the plate with the muffin in front of me closer to her. Her face lits up and she smiles looking down. Thank God for the cafeteria ladies.

-Thank you. - She whispers and sits in front of me. She puts her bag on the table and looks down playing with her rings. After a few minutes, she starts eating and I discreetly look at her. I hand her my coffee as she's finishing, as I always do, making her smile but quickly looking down again. She takes a sip of my coffee, handing it back to me and starting to play with her rings again.

Chris excitedly storms into the cafeteria and kisses her temple before sitting by her side. He frowns looking at us back and forth and I force a smile. He gets it and doesn't push.

-Guess who just got a booty call? - He says trying to cheer her up and I laugh.

-Not me, for sure. - She whispers snorting looking at her fingers and we both look at her. Her eyes meet mine as she looked up and she whispered again. - Sorry. From who? - She says looking at Chris faking excitement.

He looks behind me making her slightly tilt her head following his eyes. I discreetly look back and see a group of girls. He was obviously talking about the tall long haired brunnete. I know his type. I look back at them seeing Chris smirk and Angel with her beautiful brown eyes wide open.

-What? - I ask her softly and she blinks fastly making Chris laugh.

-I wish I got a booty call from her. - I laugh along with Chris and a sincere smile finally left her lips.

This is how I wanted us to be when I told her I needed time. Even though I shouldn't have done it the way I did. It hurt her. I was hurting too. I still am. The fact that I could've blindly hurt her made me hate myself. She was shaking. I scared her. I can't handle even the thought of hurting her.

-Oh my God, she just looked at me. - She says with a husky voice making us laugh.

-Im pretty sure she was looking at me. - He whispers and she frowns whispering a 'ohh'.

-Sup bros? - Richard says handshaking us and kissing Angel's cheek before whispering something in her ear. She looks up at him and smiles whispering something I can't understand. He sits beside me as squeezes my thigh making me look at him.

-Im going to cut your balls off. - Richard whispered not bothering to look at me.

-Why? - I frown.

-Angel left sobbing yesterday. - He says turning his head to me and I close my eyes for a second, breathing heavily.

-Im trying to make things right, Rich. - I whisper and he presses his lips together as I feel his urge to punch me.

-What did you do?

-I told her we needed time without each other. - I say quietly and he frowns scream whispering.

-You what?! - I look down hearing his whisper again. - Why?

-You saw it, Richard. I almost punched her. She was shaking. She couldn't even walk. You know Im gonna hurt her, even if it's unintentional.

He gets up and I look up at him waiting for his next move. He grabs my wrist and pulls me. I get up grabbing my backpack, realising all the guys are here already. My eyes met Angel's but she quickly looked down. I look away and feel Richard pull me. We walk silently through the hall and once we get outside, he leans in the wall and looks around checking if we were alone. I breath heavily preparing myself for the punch I deserved but instead, he cupped my face with his hands.

-Look at me. - He says with a authoritarian voice and I do so. -Stop being a fucking idiot. You know you would never intentionally hurt her, and unintentionally, we all will one day. It happens, we're humans and we make mistakes. There's no one better for Angel than yourself. You two are perfect for each other. She loves you and you love her. And as one of your best friends, I've never seen you as happy as you are around her. And I know you never cared about anyone as much as you do for her. So get your shit together and go kiss her right the fuck now. - I snort and look down. - Or I will. - I shot my head up and he laughs.

-Fucking idiot. - I whisper shaking my head laughing along with him.

Hey Angels, I decided to post since you asked for it. Ive been struggling to write lately so I hope i don't disappoint.
Appreciate you all so much <3