43

I yawn and pat the bed, not feeling Zabdiel's body next to mine. I rub my eyes before opening them slowly and grab his phone, smiling at the picture of us on his lockscreen. Me behind him, biting his neck, as he put his tongue out. I thought he changed it after Sunday.

It was almost 11am already. I yawn again, getting up from the bed. My body shivers due to the cold temperature on my naked body. I open his drawer and put on a pair of grey boxers. I hated wearing dirty underwear and he was already used to me wearing his. I put on a black sweatshirt and black sweatpants he had sitting on his chair and clothe my feet with a pair of socks before walking downstairs.

I stop in the kitchen, not seeing him around, and look at the couch. He was sitting there, next to his parents, with a bowl of cereal on his hands watching a random movie I can't name.

-Goodmorning. - I say and they all three look at me.

-Buenos días cariño. - Noemí says and I smile, walking to the living room, kissing her cheek and Mr Charlie's.

Zab pats the couch beside him and I smile sitting on the free seat. I kiss his cheek and he smiles winking.

-Do you want to go upstairs? - He asks putting the bowl on the floor making Peanut try to lick it when we weren't looking.

-Im good. - I whisper and he smiles putting his arm around my shoulders as i got comfortable on the couch. His parents smile at us and I pretend to not see it, looking at the TV. - How does 21 feel? - I whisper and he smiles.

-Exactly the same as 20. - I snort and he smiles down at me.

-Soon you're out of college and I'm still in my first year. - I murmur to myself but he hears it, holding me closer.

-Does that bother you? - He asks and I snort, shaking my head.

-But doesn't it bother you? That I turned 18 a couple of months ago and you're 21?- I look up at him and he snorts.

-No. - I nod slowly at the elaborate answer and he notices it, continuing it. - No one ever cared about me as much as you do and made me as happy as you do. - I feel my heart beat faster as the words come off his mouth. - I wouldn't trade you for anyone.

-I wouldnt trade you for anyone either. - I whisper slowly and he smiles. -I need to give you something. - I say changing the subject and he frowns.

-What?

-Your birthday gift. I forgot last night.

-I thought my birthday gift was- I start coffing making his parents look at me and him realise what he was about to say out loud. He holds a laugh and I ask.

-Can you come upstairs for a second?

-Of course. - He smiles and gets up from the couch. - We're going upstairs. - He tells his parents and they nod smiling.

He lays on his bed and I put my head on my jacket's pocket.

-Close your eyes.

-Angel, are you gonna-

-I promise not. - I cut him off and he sits on the bed leaning his back on the wall, closing his eyes.

I put the extra ring on my index finger and grab the black velvet box. I grab his hand placing the little box inside it and he frowns with his eyes still closed.

-You can open it. - I say and he frowns at the box again. - Just open the box, you're making me nervous. - I tell him feeling the cold sweat run through the palm of my hands.

He opens the box but quickly closes it, covering his eyes with his left hand.

-Oh thank God, you recognized it. -I let out a heavy breath and he takes his hand off his eyes, letting me see his watery eyes.

-Of course I did baby. - He whispers slowly and I smile. I show him my right hand and once he places his eyes on the black stoned silver ring similar to his, he shakes his head, wiping his eyes. -I... I don't know what to tell you.

-Do you like it? - I ask smiling and he shakes his head raising his eyebrows.

-Of course... I love it.

-Try it on. - I say and he nods opening the box again. He tries to put it on his index finger but it doesn't fit. My heart stops for a second, but reliefs when the ring slides perfectly through his ring finger.

I smile seeing the black vintage ring on his finger. It wouldn't fit anyone else better than him. The ring he loved and stopped by to look at it everytime it was on the shop's showcase. The ring he said, playfully, if we ever got married, would be our wedding ring.

He hugged me tightly and I feel my eyes water. I wasn't catching feelings. I catched feelings months ago. I was in love with him. And I loved him more than I ever loved someone.

I hear my phone ring and walk downstairs, meeting my mom in the kitchen.

-Its Zabdiel. - She says and I look at my phone seeing a missed call from him. - So I imagine everything is back to normal between you two now... - I nod giving her a little smile and she continues. - Since you slept at his house without even sending a text to your worried mom. - I laugh.

-Im so sorry, my worried mom. - I say and she shakes her head hiding a laugh. I grab my phone and text Zabdiel.

"Everything okay, baby?"

My phone quickly rings again and I frown, picking up.

"Zab? Everything okay?" - I ask and a loud sobbing fills my ears making my heart skip a beat. It wasn't his sobs. "Zab?"

"Angel?" - The familiar voice speaks finally and my heart aches. "Zabdiel just had an accident"

Hey angels, I'm so sorry for not posting as regularly. I know I always apologize for it now but I really am sorry. Since this is only my second update of 2020 and the last one, I didn't write anything, here's to 2020. Here's to us. 2019 was one of the worst years of my life. I felt lost in life and in myself. Hopefully 2020 will be better. Not hopefully. 2020 WILL be better. Cheers to us. To a year of health and happiness. To a year of dreams and achievements. To a year of development. I would love to connect more with you angels, so if you'd like to, you can drop your igs here and I'll follow you. Either with my fan account or my personal, as you prefer. If you prefer not to, honestly, it's okay, because I'm kind of embarrassed of how sloppy of a writer I am. But we're in this together. Cheers to 2020. Cheers to us.