40

I walk through the pavement putting my hair down and my apron on my purse. I feel my phone trembling on my back pocket and grab it seeing a call from Christopher.

"Hello?" - I answer the phone with the most idiotic accent I could think of and he screams into my ear.

"ANGEL"

"Jesus Christ Christopher, what?"

"Zabdiel's surprise party is tonight at 10, I'll pick you up at 9:30"

"Zabdiel's what?" - I ask confused.

"Are you serious Angel? Zabdiel's party." - I get silent for a second stopping in the middle of the street. "You didn't know, did you?" - He asks quietly and I hold my tears inside my eyes.

"He didn't told me his birthday was coming up. But you could have." - I say sadly and I hear a long breath.

"I'm so sorry. Where are you?"

"I'm going home, I just left work"

"I'll pick you up"

"No, I need to buy him a gift"

"I can go with you"

"No, Chris" - I say and breathe heavily. "Im sorry"

"I'm so sorry. Can we have dinner together?"

"I need to be alone."

"Please"

"Okay, ill come by at 7"

"I'm so sorry, I love you baby"

"Love you too"

I hang up closing my eyes feeling them wanting to shred a few tears. I open the front camera seeing my messy work hair and my sweated face. I breathe heavily and text my mom I'll be home in an hour.

The last days haven't been easy for me. Zabdiel and I have been distant and only talked when we needed to. I haven't been alone with him since he said we needed time off each other. I miss him. This few days made me realize how much I need him. And I hate it. I've never been so dependent in someone for my own happiness. I shake those thoughts off my mind thinking today is going to be a good day. It's his birthday. Hopefully he forgets everything tonight and things go back to normal.

Im starving but I really need to get him a gift. I have no idea what to gift him. It needs to have meaning. Something special for the both of us.

I walk a few minutes stopping at a milkshake shop. I grab my milkshake and a bag of fries and sit on the same spot I sat after he left me at Chris's. I look at the green grass and the image of the kids throwing me their ball last Sunday runs by my mind. I put two fries in my mouth and open my eyes widely seeing Zabdiel walking slowly in a tight black shirt and shorts, with a leish on his right hand. I look around him seeing Peanut unleished, smelling the grass. I cover my eyes with my hand starting to panic. He's far so I'll just pretend I didn't see him. My plan fails inevitably when I feel a tongue licking my face. I cover my face with my free hand laughing as I hear Zabdiel's husky voice scream making shivers run down my spine.

-Peanut! - He starts to run but quickly stops realising it's me. He walks to us and Peanut jumps around him.

-Sorry, I didn't realise you were here.

-Its okay.

-What are you doing here? - He asks looking at his watch.

-I was hungry, I just got off work. - I say and he nods, sitting in front of me.

-Did he hurt you? - He asks looking at Peanut, laying, getting petted by my free hand, and I frown.

-He just licked me. You've done way worse. - I slightly raise my eyebrows at what I said and he laughs. - Sorry, it just slipped. - I say holding my laugh and he laughs even harder. I missed this. Even though I wasn't sure of what to say yet. I wasn't sure if we were getting back to normal or sexual jokes like we always do were too much. He grabs the milkshake on my hand, sipping it before handing me it again. I think we might be getting back to normal. He looks at his phone before looking back at me.

-I need to go, can I give you a ride? - He asks as he gets up. I look up to him seeing his big pectorals through the shirt and his toned biceps. I could give him a ride right now.

-I think I'm gonna stay here for a few more minutes. - I say and he nods putting the leash on Peanut. He starts to walk but stops coming back and squatting, placing his free hand on my cheek and kissing my temple. I smile and he gets up with a little grin on his lips walking away with Peanut.

I take a sip of my milkshake and the perfect gift for him illuminates my mind. I eat quickly, getting up and walking three minutes before entering the vintage shop.

I look around looking for the black stoned ring. I see it and breathe heavily in relief.

-Hi, can I help you? - The old grey haired man asks and i nod quickly.

-Could you please help me find two of this? - I almost beg the man and he raises his eyebrows.

-We usually only have one of each. - He says and I nod sadly. - But I can call the other stores to check if they have another one.

-Really? - He nods smiling and I give him my best smile. - Thank you so much.

-Everything for a nice lady. - He says grabbing the old phone and I smile. After a few minutes of speaking on the phone, he finally looks at me. - They're gonna bring it here. Can you wait a little bit? - He asks smiling and I breath heavily, wanting to hug the old man.

-As long as it takes.

Hey Angels, hope you're doing fine. Merry Christmas. I'm not in a good place and I haven't been for the last month but I hope you all are. Thank you so much for reading this story, one of the only things that brings me happiness, I hope y'all have the most amazing holidays. I appreciate you so so much and your comments make me the happiest.
Merry Christmas from Angel and I to you 💗