44

I run as fast as I can, feeling the cold wind hit my face. I turn in the corner of the street seeing his car smashed on the big wall and his parents hugging as Noemi sobbed. As soon as I see it, my body suddenly stops feeling the dizziness fill my head. I close my eyes, breathing heavily, and run to them seeing Zabdiel's head against the wheel. Blood was still running down his forehead and shatters of the broken windshield glass held onto his face. Tears filled my eyes and in a few seconds my sobs became uncontrollable.

-The ambulance is gonna be here soon. - Noemi's voice says in between sobs as she touches my shoulder making my knees fall into the ground as I sob even harder.

She hugs his father, trying to not to cry as hard as both of us, and I hear Peanut coming running from a distance, smashing his paws on the car's door, frantically barking at Zabdiel, seeing his senseless body.

I get up from the ground, looking through the broken window again, seeing his perfect face full of blood. I wipe my eyes with his hoodie I was wearing and slowly moved my hand closer to him, touching his face. The sobs took over myself again as I felt his soft skin, and the blood ran over my fingers. I suddenly take my hand off his face, as I hear a siren sound getting closer.

The paramedics quickly get out of the ambulance, making the three of us back off, letting them do their job. Noemi cried loudly as my heart stops, seeing his body laying on a stretcher, completely unconscious. They take the stretcher into the ambulance, closing the doors after Noemi enters the vehicle.

I just stand there watching the ambulance leave as a feeling of loss fills my body. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look back, seeing Charlie wiping his eyes.

-Lets go. - His trembling voice says and I nod quickly getting back to reality, entering his car, letting him drive off to the hospital.

After an hour and a half of sitting in a chair holding my tears, I see the people I needed to see walking into the hall. I get up, walking fastly into Richard's open arms, feeling his warm embrace. My vision starts to get blurry again as the tears filled my eyes and I hug him tightly trying to hold back my sobs.

-Dont hold it in, babygirl.

My breathing became unregular as he spoke and the sobs took over myself. His hand slides up, petting my hair as I cry into his shoulder and I hear a light snort behind me.

I wipe my eyes, looking back, seeing Chris's watery eyes. I hug him tightly and feel his tears running through my shoulder. I put my face on his neck as I pet his hair.

-I... I don't remember my life without Zabdiel... We've been friends our whole lifes. - I look up at Chris seeing his eyes filled with water as he pressed his lips together.

-He's gonna be okay. - I whisper trying to convince myself and he shakes his head closing his eyes.

-He's in a coma, Angel.

I feel his words hit my chest and my breathing started to fail. I feel Richard's arms holding mine and sitting me on one of the chairs as I close my eyes shut trying to get my breathing back to normal. He's in a coma. He's in a coma.

-Hey, are you okay, baby? - I open my eyes, seeing Richard squatting in the middle of my legs and I nod quickly.

-Yeah, sorry. - I whisper and I look at Chris covering his face with his hands.

-Im sorry, I just... I can't. - He says and I hug him feeling my eyes wanting to water again as he cries on my neck.

-Kids, go eat something. Angel didnt eat anything since lunch. - Noemi gets closer to us, handing Richard money.

-Im not hungry. - I say separating my body from Chris's and trying my best to give her a smile. - But thank you.

-Please, Angel. - She insists and I nod, not wanting to make her any more worried than she already is. She didn't deserve any of this. He didn't deserve any of this.

-Hi. - I look back seeing Joel and Erick with sad smiles on their faces and hug them both before walking into the hospital's cafeteria.

-We can go get donuts, if you want. - Joel says and I snort shaking my head.

-Im good.

I sit by Chris as the guys sit in front of us and I look at my left seeing a empty chair. Tears run quickly down my face and I cover my face seeing the guy's confused reactions to my sudden change of mood. Chris pulled me into a hug and I breath heavily into his chest as he whispered.

-Its gonna be okay.

-Hes in a coma. - I repeat his words from earlier and he presses his lips together.

-He's going to wake up. I promise.

-Don't. - I say looking up at him and he looks down breaking our eye contact.

I break the hug and grab a chocolate bar, putting it in my mouth. My phone rings and I look at it, picking it up quickly after seeing it's Noemi.

"Everything okay?"

"Sí, mi amor, you can come see him whenever you want to"

I get up quickly and they give me a weird look before getting up too and following me as I run throught the hospital's hall. I knock in his room's door and Noemi opens it.

-You can come in. Two at a time. - She says as she and Charlie left the room and I nod.

-Can I go, please? - I ask and they give me sad smiles before nodding. - Who's coming with me?

-You can go alone, baby. We'll go afterwards. - Chris says and I try to give him my best smile, hugging his torso.

I hug Noemi, trying to show her some support and grabs both my hands.

-Talk to him. - She said trying to hold the tears inside her eyes. - It can get him to wake up. - I nod quickly and walk to the door.

I wrap my hand around the doorknob and breath heavily before opening the door. I walk inside and as soon as I see him, my knees drop to the floor. My sobs became loud and my breathing stopped. I hear the door open and I feel two arms embracing my body. I sob in Richard's arms as I hear him say.

-Chris, you're not coming in now. - The door opens and Chris enters the room as I get up from the floor, trying to regularize my breathing. He hugs me and I see Richard closing his eyes shut and turning around.

-Fuck. - He whispers and I wrap my arms around his tensed torso.

-Im sorry. - I say petting his hair as he tried not to cry. He always tried to be my rock in my worst moments. And he was. He was my safe place when Zab was not around. And he didn't want to cry so I felt like it was gonna be okay. - You can cry. - I say and he shakes his head, still with his eyes closed, biting his lip.

I walk slowly, closer to Zabdiel's stretcher and hear Chris crying. He opens the door, leaving, and Richard doesn't move.

-I'll be here. - He says and I nod, finally taking a close look at Zabdiel.

The blood was cleaned from his face and replaced with a big band-aid on his left temple as the cuts on his face were still as noticeable. I let the tears run down my eyes as I touch his soft skin. I run my index finger through his cheek and kiss it softly. Richard snorts and I look at him, wiping a tear, trying to hide it. I sit on the chair next to the stretcher and pat it, indicating Richard to sit by my side. He does and I hold Zabdiel's senseless hand, laying my head on his arm.

-Your mom asked me to talk to you. - I murmur in his arm. -You know I suck at this. - I snort and feel Richard's hand petting my back. - Please just wake up. Ive never got the chance to tell you I love you... I love you. I love you so much. - I say looking up at his angelic face as the tears blurred my vision and my voice became shaky. - I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner. Please don't leave me. Don't leave us. We all love you so much. And if you're just taking some time off our bullshit, well, you deserve it, I guess. Just don't take too much time. We already miss you so much, Zab. We'll wait for you. Whatever time you need, we'll be here for you. - I lean my head on his arm again, closing my eyes as a inaudible whisper leaves my lips. - Please don't forget me.