7: Night Out

JoJo was sleeping, peacefully at that. Until...

" JoJo! We need you!" Josh barged into her room.

" Go away Josh." She threw a pillow at him, managing to hit him square in the face.

She felt the bed sink next to her. JoJo opened her eyes to see Ben lying next to her with a cheeky smile.

" Hey you." He grinned.

" I'm sleeping." She mumbled into her pillows.

" No you're not. You're talking to me." Ben laughed.

" Ben." JoJo groaned as he took away her pillow.

" Hello? Still here." Josh said.

" What do you need Josh?" JoJo sat up, gathering her hair into a ponytail.

" Well, you see. I wanna go to the zoo, and Nick wants to go to the beach and the votes are half and half." Josh started.

" And?"

" And you're our deciding vote." Josh said.

" Ugh. You woke me up for this?" She groaned.

" Jo, it's 9:30." Ben said.

" Too early!"

" Okay."

" So, beach or zoo?" Josh asked.

" I'm gonna say beach just because you woke me up." JoJo smirked.

" You know that hurts. That hurts right here." Josh dramatically pointed to where his heart was supposed to be.

" Did she say beach?" Michael asked from her doorway.

" Yep." JoJo nodded.

" We're going surfing, mates!" Michael shouted to the rest of the house.

oOOo

All the Newsies decided to go, including Melissa, Meredith, and Wren.

" Let's hit the waves!" Michael took off with a surf board.

" You coming?" Ben asked JoJo.

" I'm from New York, you think I can surf?" She replied.

" I'll teach ya." Ben offered. JoJo threw him a sceptical look.

" Okay Michael will teach ya." Ben correct.

" Okay fine." JoJo sighed, dumping her stuff next to Melissa, who was reading a book while guarding everyone's stuff.

" Let's go!" JoJo shouted, hopping on Ben's back.

oOOo

" Good morning sunshine." Ben poked JoJo.

" What do you want Ben?" JoJo groaned.

" To take you on a date. A real one. Without our fam butting in." Ben replied. JoJo opened her eyes to pitch blackness.

" Ben, what time is it?" JoJo hissed.

" 3:30 in the morning. Now come on." He pulled her out of bed.

oOOo

" Okay. You can open." Ben whispered.

JoJo opened her eyes to a picnic blanket laid out on the grass behind the house. A few candles were placed down to provide a bit of light. Pillows and blankets were made into a makeshift bed. There was a few water bottles and a box of oreos sitting there too.

" You did all this?" JoJo smiled.

" Only for you." He grinned. JoJo smiled as they sat on the pile of blankets.

" You said you're from New York, I figured you don't often see the stars." Ben smiled.

" That's very sweet but, Ben, I'm from Western New York, it's literally a giant corn field." JoJo giggled at his shocked expression.

" But, I never seen these stars before." She added. He smirked.

" Well, I suppose that works too." He smiled as they settled against one another.

The last thing JoJo remembered from the night was peacefully falling asleep on Ben's chest as his strong arms held onto her.

oOOo

" Hey lovebirds!" A voice shouted.

" I'm awake!" Ben said, rather annoyed. JoJo was still asleep against his chest.

" Oh, good." Josh smiled.

" Why is that good?" Ben asked cautiously.

" No reason." Josh smirked. Next thing he knew, he was drenched in freezing cold water. JoJo was very much awake now, and very not happy.

Michael, Nick, and Sky stood there with an empty bucket.

" You're dead!" JoJo got up. The three took off running.

" Is she gonna come for me next?" Josh whispered.

" Yes." Ben nodded.

" BEN HELP YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS TRYING TO KILL US!" Sky shouted from inside the house.

" YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON YOURSELVES!" JoJo shouted.

" Ah...good times." Ben sighed, still dripping wet.