34: Illinois

" Beeeeexleeeeeey!" Josh wandered into JoJo's and Bexley's room.

" Jesus, you're loud." JoJo rolled over, hiding her head under her pillow.

" It's before 8, Dork, too early to be shouting." Bexley smiled at him.

" Sorry." He chuckled, climbing into bed next to her. Ben came in next, flopping down next to JoJo.

" Hi." He murmured, nuzzling against the back of her neck as he threw an arm over her.

" Hi." She yawned, trying to fall back asleep. Then Sky came in. He laid down next to Ben. Then DeMarius. Then Jeff. Then Dan.

JoJo fell off the bed with a little squeak. She got up, grumbling, climbing next to Bexley, laying her head on the older girl's shoulder. Josh climbed over the girls to hop onto the other bed.

" They keep interrupting my sleep." JoJo whined.

" I know, girlie." Bexley patted her head.

" They invaded your room too?" Stephanie walked in.

" It's the quietest invasion they've ever launched." Bexley chuckled. Stephanie nodded with a yawn, sitting on the other side of JoJo, laying her head in her lap.

" Hey, girls!" Meredith called into the room from the doorway.

" Yeah?" JoJo called back.

" We're going out for breakfast, no boys allowed."

" Yay!" Stephanie perked up.

" What?" The boys called in protest.

" Don't wake us up before 8 and then you'd be invited." JoJo leaned over to poke Ben on the nose. Stephenie flew out of the room to go get changed.

" We won't be gone long." Bexley grabbed some clothes, ruffling Josh's hair on her way to the bathroom.

" We'll go midnight bowling tonight if y'all get out now, so we can change." JoJo offered. The guys scrambled to get out of the room. Ben kissed her cheek as he ran out.

" What did you just promise to?" Bexley stuck her head out the door.

oOOo

" This, was a magnificent idea." Meredith nodded as they finished their meals.

" It really was." Melissa smiled.

" Oh boy." JoJo looked at her phone.

" Do I want to know?" Bexley cringed.

" Well, if you don't want to know that the guys managed to find themselves in Illinois, then no." JoJo replied.

" HOW DID THEY WIND UP IN ILLINOIS?" Stephanie shouted.

" Hold on." JoJo dialed Ben.

" Hey, babe!" Ben's cheery voice greeted her.

" Hey, so, HOW THE HELL DID YOU WIND UP IN ANOTHER STATE?" She shouted.

" She sounds mad." Jeff could be heard on the other side of the phone.

" So, here's what happened. We were taking a bus to ge to the zoo right, and then we fell asleep and wound up in Illinois." Ben explained.

" You all fell asleep?"

" Yep..." Ben replied.

" Are we goners?" Sky whispered loud enough for her to hear him.

" I am going to crucify you all." She deadpanned.

" Yep, we're dead." Sky shouted.

" Jo, can I talk to Josh?" Bexley asked. JoJo passed her the phone.

" Hi son."

" Yes. Yes, you're dead."

" The punishment is to be determined."

" I'm not mad, just disappointed."

" Can I talk to Josh please?"

" Yes, I love you too."

" JOSHUA!"

" Yes, you're in trouble!"

" No, you can't plead the fifth!"

" No, no lawyers!"

" China is an understatement of how deep you are!"

" Of all the states you had to wind up in, Illinois?"

" Yeah yeah."

" Just get back in time for the show."

" Uh-huh."

" I love you too."

" Bye-bye."

Bexley ended the call, passing the phone back to JoJo.

" Kill em with kindness?" She asked.

" Kill em with kindness." Melissa nodded in a agreement.

oOOo

" Hi." Josh and Ben carefully crept into the Girlsies dressing room. They must be the sacrificial lambs.

" Hey, babe!" JoJo smiled.

" How was your day?" Bexley asked. Josh and Ben shared several glances, not sure how to proceed.

" Good." Ben replied cautiously.

" That's good." JoJo nodded. The boys looked really confused. Melissa was biting her lip on the other side of the dressing room and Meredith was trying her hardest to keep a straight face.

" So, you're not angry?" Josh asked quietly.

" Why would we be angry?" Bexley asked him.

" Oh no!" Josh jumped back.

" What?" Ben jumped away from him.

" She's doing the thing! The thing she does when she's mad!" Josh shouted.

" WHAT?"

" The being nice thing! She's killing us with kindness!" Josh screamed, running out of the room. Ben jumped ran after Josh, completely and utterly confused.

" Did you know he was going to do that?" JoJo cocked an eyebrow.

" No, but I'm glad he did." Bexley nodded.