25: Long Week

JoJo was still down due to her ankle, And the guys were suffering, Including Mr. Calhoun. JoJo sat in the audience, watching them rehearse. It felt wrong for her not to be up there.

Of course, her being in the audience gave the guys an excuse to be goofy. Thomas, their choreographer, only rolled his eyes at them, knowing there was also no stopping them. Eventually, JoJo found herself sitting on the stage so the guys had to stop goofing off so much. While Thomas did appreciate the enthusiasm, he also wanted to get his lunch at some point.

The rehearsal didn't last much longer and soon enough, JoJo and some of the guys started searching for someplace to eat.

" Let's go here!" Josh pointed to a small diner.

" No, let's go there!" Nick pointed down the road a bit.

" Let's choose a place before I beat all of you with my crutches." JoJo threatened.

" Sorry, we've been walking you ramped." Iain cringed.

" It's fine." JoJo shrugged.

" Here." Ben bent down for her to get on his back while Josh took her crutches.

" So, there's a Chick Fa La down the road." DeMarius looked up from Google Maps.

" Onward!" JoJo shouted.

oOOo

After the show that night, JoJo was lounging in her room with the door opened. At this point, closing the door was pointless because those boys always found their way in. Plus, she enjoyed their company. Today was the first time she wished more than anything that she had closed her door.

" Hey JoJo, can I talk to you?" Maya let herself in.

" I guess so." JoJo pursed her lips. Maya went to close the door.

" Please leave it open." JoJo said. Maya paused for a moment before opening it all the way again.

" What did you want to talk to me about?" JoJo jumped straight to the point.

" I feel like you guys don't like me." Maya started.

" Why's that?" JoJo asked.

" Well, you guys seem to avoid me a lot and, I don't know what I did." She said.

" Maya, can I explain something to you?" JoJo sat up more. Maya nodded.

" We are a very tightknit group, but we take in people quickly. To go along with that, we try to stay very humble and surround ourselves with people who are as well. So, when you came in talking about how you were the best in you school, you can understand why that might've set us off?" JoJo stated.

" But, I was the best." Maya knit her eyebrows.

" Maybe but, you don't need to announce it." JoJo nodded.

" Oh." Maya looked at her hands," Also, I like Ben."

JoJo sighed, some part of her knew that was coming.

" You understand that Ben and I are together, though?" JoJo tilted her head.

" Yes but, you understand that he may leave you for me?" Maya stated. JoJo audibly groaned. They were so close. So close to actually understanding one another.

" Maya, I'm going to be completely honest here, I do not think he will." JoJo replied.

" But, if he does. No hard feelings?" Maya held her hand out.

" Maya, I'm sorry but, do you realize how superficial you sound?" JoJo squinted.

" All I'm saying is that Ben might see how much better I am." Maya shrugged.

" Better than JoJo? I don't think so." Michael Rios walked in, God bless him.

" You think she's better than me?" Maya looked at JoJo as if she were something offensive.

" Yes. Not only is she a better dancer, singer, actress, but, she's a better person." Michael sat next to JoJo.

" I beg to differ." Maya crossed her arms.

" Great, we didn't ask." JoJo smiled humorlessly. Maya huffed, marching towards the door.

" Just wait, soon, Ben will leave you high and dry and he'll come running for me!" She turned back towards JoJo.

" Yea, I don't think so." Ben laughed as he and Josh walked into the room. Maya jump turned on out.

" What was that all about?" Josh pointed after her.

oOOo

" I wanna dance." JoJo whined. Her and Ben laid in her bed. She laid flat on her neck while he was propped on his elbows next to her.

" Just two more weeks." Ben chuckled, kissing her forehead.

" But that's so long." JoJo complained.

" I know." He played with her hair.

" I just want Maya to leave." She said, much quieter.

" She bother you again?" Ben asked.

" If you call cornering me in the practice room bothering?" JoJo replied sarcastically.

" Why didn't you tell Mr. Calhoun?" Ben asked.

" What's the point?" JoJo mumbled.

" Get her off the show." Ben deadpanned.

" True." JoJo nodded.

" Hey guys." Josh walked in, looking exhausted.

" You okay?" JoJo chuckled.

" No. My head hurts." He complained.

" Is that it?" JoJo immediately went into mom mode.

" My throat feels like it's on fire." Josh added, laying on his bed.

" Sounds pleasant." Ben nodded. JoJo threw him a look, he shut up. He did. JoJo reached over to feel his forehead.

" You don't feel feverish." JoJo commented.

" Then why do I feel like death?" Josh peeked an eye open.

" I'm not sure. Maybe you're just a bit burnt out." JoJo offered.

" How bout you take a nap before the show?" JoJo sat back on Ben's bed.

" Okay." Josh nodded, falling asleep quickly.

" He's like a child." Ben deadpanned.

" You're realizing this now?" JoJo threw him a look.

" Fair." Ben nodded.

" Can we take a nap too?" Ben climbed into the bed next to her.

" Ben, we've got stuff to do." She groaned as he pulled her against his body.

" No we don't." He laughed, nuzzling his nose against her neck.

" Ben." She huffed.

" Give up, you know it's pointless." He kissed her neck lightly.

" Fine." She bit back a smile.

" I know you're smiling." He chuckled.

" Ben." She rolled her eyes with a smile.

" Jo." He propped himself up, leaning over her.

" I love you." He smiled cheekily.

" You're lucky you're cute." She grumbed.

" I know." He grinned, leaning down to kiss her.

" Still here." Josh grumbled, mostly asleep. Ben shrugged, kissing her anyway.

" Go to sleep Joshie." JoJo whispered, pushing Ben back a bit.

" Hard to when y'all are making our over there." He mumbled against his pillow.

" We'll stop." JoJo promised.

" Uh-huh." He didn't sound convinced but fell asleep anyway.

" Love you." Ben whispered.

" Love you too." JoJo smirked, curling against him and falling asleep.