26: Interview

The gang sat in their meeting as they listened to their director give announcements.

" JoJo and Ben, Broadway.com would like to interview you guys." Mr. Calhoun called.

" Really?" JoJo knit her eyebrows, leaning into Ben.

" Yeah. They want to know about your Broadway debut and your relationship behind the scenes." Mr. Calhoun grinned.

" Why her? She's not even performing." Maya said snobbishly.

" Because she's an official Toursie." Sky called.

" So am I." Maya gestured to herself.

" No my dear, you aren't. You're filling in for JoJo until she heals." Mr. Calhoun said as kindly as possible. Maya let out a little hmmp crossing her arms.

" When is the interview?" Ben changed the subject off of Maya.

" Tomorrow at 10, yes JoJo, you will have to leave here at 8 to get ready." Mr. Calhoun chuckled.

" Awe man." She muttered.

oOOo

" So, when the camera turns on, we'll have you introduce yourselves and who you play, and we'll get right to it." Kayla, the woman running the show, said.

" Okie dokie." JoJo nodded. Within seconds the camera was on.

" Hi, I'm Josephine Bachmann, I play Snyper." JoJo started.

" And I'm Ben Cook, I play race." Ben continued.

" We're from the Touring cast of Newsies." JoJo said.

" And you're watching Broadway.com." They finished together.

" Welcome guys. Thanks for joining us." Kayla smiled, a tablet in her hand.

" Thank you for having us." JoJo smiled.

" So, we're gonna start off with some questions from the fans." She smiled.

" For JoJo, from Jamie. What's it like coming from such a small town to the hig stage?" Kayla read.

" It's absolutely incredible. I never would've thought I'd ever make it to something like this." JoJo smiled.

" This one's from Rose, to Ben. What is your favorite food?"

" Koolaid." JoJo muttered under her breath. Ben choked back a laugh.

" Um, I'd have to go with ice cream." Ben replied.

" For both of you, from Mya. What's it like acting in front of so many people each day?"

" It's probably the most incredible experience. We get to do what we love, every day. And there's people out in that audience who love it just as much." JoJo replied.

" And our job and our hobby is the same so, that helps. But, we really love going out there and performing for y'all." Ben added with a thumbs up.

" Now, something that I hear relating the two off you is the word showmance." Kayla said.

" Do you wanna explain?" JoJo turned to Ben.

" So, a showmance is a relationship between two people in a production. So, at the moment I believe we're the only ones aside from Meredith and Steve." Ben said.

" So, how did this come to be?" Kayla asked.

" Um, it just kinda did. We were both very hesitant, overthinking everything." JoJo started.