6: Leap

Ben climbed on the bus the next morning, sitting next to JoJo.

" How are you feeling this morning?" He asked.

" I'm tired but, better. I think talking about it helped a lot." She smiled softly.

" I'm here for you. Whenever you need me." He grabbed her hand.

" Thank you." She whispered.

oOOo

" Home sweet home!" Jeff shouted as they walked into the house. The very large house.

" Who thought it was a good idea to put us all in one house?" JoJo asked no one in particular.

" Clearly the people in charge." Josh said.

oOOo

" So, here's the thing." Josh walked into Ben's and Sky's room.

" You need to ask her out." Josh said.

" Who? What? Why?" Ben questioned.

" Josephine Bachmann. On a date. And I kinda made a bet with Nick that you'd ask her out by the end of this week." Josh smiled sheepishly.

" I've known her five days." Ben deadpanned.

" Is that seriously the one thing holding you back?" Josh asked.

" Yes!" Ben shouted.

" Okay." Josh sighed.

oOOo

" JoJo!" Josh marched into her room, flopping onto her bed.

" Hi?" She looked up from her book.

" I have a serious question." He started, sitting criss cross in front of her.

" Okay?" She set her book down on the nightstand.

" You brought a book?" He made a face.

" Actually I brought eight. You were saying?" She replied swiftly.

" Do you like Ben?" He asked straightly. JoJo didn't answer for a moment.

" Did he put you up to this?" She asked.

" He doesn't even know I'm here." Josh replied.

" Are you feeling okay, you're being very serious." JoJo reached forward to feel his forehead.

" I'm fine. And your deflecting the question." He laughed, pushing her hands away.

" I...yeah...I like him." She muttered.

" But it's only been five days and-"

" Don't think about how long you've known him okay. Love knows no time." Josh cut her off.

" I'm just afraid that if I fall and fall hard, I'll loose him." She admitted.

" For one: you won't. And secondly, if you like him, go for it." He replied.

" When did you become so wise?" She joked.

" Since about five minutes ago." Josh replied with the exact same tone he said everything else in.

" Thanks Josh." JoJo pulled him into a hug.

" Anytime."

oOOo

" Hey." JoJo stepped onto the pool deck. Ben looked up from the bench where he was watching the setting sun.

" Hey you." He smiled as she sat next to him. They stayed quiet for a while, enjoying each other's company.

" It's funny." JoJo said, gently breaking the calm silence.

" Hmm?"

" People love watching the sunset even though it's the end of something." JoJo  said bitterly.

" Or because after it, follows thousands  of stars and a brand new day." He smiled.

" I suppose you're right." She smiled. They fell into comfortable silence as they watched the setting sun.

" Ben?" JoJo turned towards him.

" Yea?"

" Can-can I try something?" She asked.

" Sure." He shrugged.

" You need to close your eyes though." She said sheepishly. 

" Okay." He shrugged, trusting her. JoJo said a silent prayer to God and leaned forward. The kiss was short and hesitant.

Ben opened his eyes slowly.

" I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-" JoJo  got up to leave but was pulled back down. Ben placed his hand behind her neck gently, pulling her back in for a soft, deep kiss. They pulled away, foreheads touching.

" Feel free to do that whenever you please." Ben smirked.

" Like now?" She went back in when...

" EW PDA!" Michael screamed, running back into the house.

" What just happened...?" JoJo muttered.

" Our annoying family." Ben grumbled.

" Well, they can deal-"

" PDA IS NOT OKAY! PDA IS NOT OKAY!" The pair looked over to see Josh, Michael, Jeff, Sky, Nick, Nico, Chaz, and Anthony standing on Josh's balcony.

" You are so dead!" JoJo took off into the house. Seconds later Josh let out a not-so-manly scream.