32: Recovery

" You lied Ben!" JoJo shouted.

" No, I didn't! I just didn't tell you!" Ben yelled. This was becoming normal. JoJo had basically been confined to her bed for the past few weeks and it was doing a number on her.

" You didn't tell me what? That you were leaving for a week!" JoJo yelled. The other thing about their fights is, they can't stay mad at each other for long.

" I'm sorry that I didn't run to update you!" His voice wavered.

" Ben! I just...." JoJo's voice broke. She couldn't yell at him.

" I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Ben said quietly.

" I'm sorry for overreacting." JoJo nodded, her eyes getting watery.

" I love you." Ben whispered.

" I love you too." JoJo reached up to grab his hand. He smiled, leaning down to press a kiss to her knuckles. They can't stay mad at each other for too long.

oOOo

" Hey Jo!" Ben walked into her hotel room.

" Hey." She groaned.

" What's wrong?" He knit his eyebrows, laying next to her.

" I can't deal with this." She pressed her palms against her eyelids.

" Can't deal with what?" Ben asked.

" Everything!" She choked back a sob.

" School, the show, my family, the guys, you. There's so much." She muttered.

" You're overwhelmed?" He whispered. She could only nod. He sighed, pulling her against his chest. She broke down, crying her eyes out.

" What do I do?" She mumbled as she began to calm down.

" First: breathe." Ben ran his hand through her hair. She inhaled deeply, feeling relief flood her.

" Now, what is your main source of stress right now?" Ben asked.

" The fact that I'm in a touring show, still in high school, and can't even do my job because I fucked up on stage." She rambled.

" Okay, your injury wasn't your fault."

" Then who's was it?"

" Jo, shit happens, sometimes you've gotta just let things go." He rubbed her back.

" Ben, I can't perform. What am I going to do? I've basically been bedridden for the past three months because I keep getting hurt." Her lip trembled.

" Allow yourself to heal, and move past this." Ben replied.

" It's too much." She barely whispered.

" Jo, I know there's something you're not telling me." Ben stated. She didn't reply.

" There is." He nodded. She clamped her eyes shut.

" Please, let's just not talk about it." She whispered.

" Okay." Ben sighed, holding her tighter.

oOOo

A few days later, JoJo sat in her dressing room, watching the show off the monitor. She smiled as the guys sang Sieze The Day. They looked so excited. She checked her phone again. No update.

She felt her eyes grow watery again. No. No crying.

" JoJo?" A voice startled her. Jeff stood at the door, concern written all over his face. And she broke.