35: The Girl With Glasses

" Good rehearsal job today guys! I just wanna say thank you to you guys for being so amazing even as we near our 500th show!" Their director cheered as everyone sat in the audience. Cast, crew, tech, orchestra, dressing room, everyone.

" Now, you have tomorrow off. Go to the hotel, party, sleep, you choose!" Their director called.

" Dinner at 5?" JoJo asked the group she was sitting at.

" Yeah, meet you at the hotel lobby? I left something in my dressing room." Sky nodded.

" You betcha." Josh grinned as the others slipped out.

Sky jogged down the hall and into his dressing room.

" Ah-ha." He grinned in triumph as he grabbed his hat off of his shelf. He walked down the hall briskly not really paying attention. That was until his body hit someone else's. Someone else who was carrying a violin case, sheet music, and was significantly smaller than Sky.

Her violin fell next to her and her sheet music flew everywhere.

" I am so sorry." Sky knelt and began gathering the music.

" No, I should've been looking." She shook her head, hastily opening her violin case.

" Please tell me it's okay?" Sky asked as he put the music into a pile.

" Yeah." She sighed in relief, looking up at Sky. He was slightly taken aback by how pretty she was. Brown eyes framed by black glasses, dark blonde hair that ended just before her shoulders.

" Are you in orchestra?" He questioned, offering her a hand to help her up.

" Yeah." She nodded, taking his outstretched hand.

" That's cool. I'm on the cast." He smiled.

" I know, I see you every day." She gave him a cute smirk as she took the music from him.

" But, it may be nice to put a name to the face." She added.

" Sky Flaherty." He held his hand out.

" Cara." She shook his hand, her voice slipping into an accent.

" Where you from?" He asked.

" My family is from Germany, I'm in the first generation born in America." She said, pushing her glasses up.

" And that explains the accent." He nodded.

" Yeah, I hear I do that a lot." She smiled sheepishly.

" So, what's it like in orchestra?" He asked.

" It's fun. I get front row seats every day. I have the music memorized by heart." She shrugged.

" You get to do what you love." He said.

" True, though, you guys seem to enjoy it just as much. You guys look amazing onstage, for what little I can see." She nodded.

" Thank you. But, without you. We don't have a show. Otherwise we're just a bunch of idiots breaking into spontaneous song and dance with no music." He said. She giggled lightly as they walked out of the theatre, slowly to a stop on the sidewalk.

" I should probably head back to the hotel, I have an episode of The 100 waiting for me." She brushed a strand of her dark hair behind her ear.

" Oh, you aren't doing anything tonight?" He knit his eyebrows.

" I'm a lot younger than everyone else in orchestra. While they're all super nice, I don't hang out with them per say." She shrugged.

" Why don't you come out for dinner with me and my friends?" He offered.