8. minho

"i have something to tell you." woojin hyung looks at me hesitantly.

i tilt my head.

what does he mean?

"did something bad happen to you? oh god, you didn't borrow from loan sharks, did you?" i grab him by the shoulders and shake him.

"what- no! i'm smarter than that."

"you'll have to live with chan's 2 best friends until the wedding is over in 3 months. one came to Australia not too long ago and the other came today."

i stare at him, absorbing the information.

"so i have to live with strangers until the wedding is over?" i double check.

woojin hyung nods.

i shrug.

"anything is fine. as long as i have a roof on top of my head."

i don't mind if i have housemates. i just hope they're pleasant.

"are they both guys?" i ask.

he nods again.

"i think one of them might be your type. chan showed me his photo once. he had chubby cheeks." wiggling his eyebrows, he nudges me.

my mind instantly goes back to the boy from the plane.

he has chubby cheeks too. i bet he has a gorgeous smile.

"no. maybe i have my mind occupied by someone else. i'm not interested in chan's friend."

i tell woojin hyung.

his eyes go wide.

"what? you like someone and didn't tell me? i am offended!" he crosses his arms.

i look at him incredulously.

"you literally left me, your best friend, in the dark for 2 whole years after you left to study in Australia when you begun dating chan. i should be the offended one!"

i cross my arms and sneer at him.

the rest of the day is filled with woojin hyung and i bickering, catching up and unpacking my luggage.

somewhere at the back of my mind, i think of squirrels and quokkas. suddenly, they're really cute and appealing.