35. jisung

woojin's voice gets stuck in his throat, it comes out as a shrill, hoarse cry.

chan hurries to woojin and wraps his arms around his fiancé, mumbling "it's going to be okay, minho is strong, he'll be okay." over and over again.

woojin grasps chan's sleeves so tightly it was on the verge of tearing.

"explain to me clearly. just-just how?"

i take a deep breath, repeating what the doctor told me.

""when minho fell, his head suffered most of the impact. some of his nerves controlling the lower half of his body were damaged. minho could end up paralysed from the waist down even after they tried to fix it."

seeing woojin so helpless in chan's arms, mouth wide open with soundless cries and i hate that i can't do anything but stand still and worry.

"t-the person, how did he look like? describe him to me. i want to find him. if he really did try to harm you intentionally, i won't let him get away."

woojin tried to get up, but chan scooped him into his arms once more and carried woojin to the bedside chair.

a pang hit my chest as i remember how minho would take care of me and treat me like chan did to woojin.

it's my fault that i couldn't protect him. i should have seen the person skating towards us and not stopping even the slightest bit.

his head was facing downwards, but his body moved like it knew exactly what it was doing and where it was going.

the force of the push was strong enough to kill. ice could break someone's skull.

the thought of killing made the hairs on my neck stand.

"jisung, where is changbin? tell him to come over now." chan said as he cradled woojin.

i take out my phone hurriedly and text changbin to come to the hospital.

some time later, changbin bursts through the doors.

"is he okay?" he glanced at the motionless figure on the bed before looking at me.

no one in the room has the strength and will to answer.

———
hello, i know it might be selfish of me to say this, but i don't think i can update as soon as you hope because lately i'm not in a good enough state to update. i don't know when i'll be back, but i can assure that i WILL eventually complete this work because i'm grateful for all the support i've been given for my writing. technically this book will be on hold.

i apologise for disappointing you. but i don't think i can do this for the time being. if i suddenly want to update, i will. but my updating will be consistent. very sorry again, take care.

FLIGHT AND FLY | l.mh + h.jsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें