34. jisung

i don't know what time it is.

an hour may have passed.

3 hours may have passed.

i don't bother to find out. i'm too busy waiting for minho to wake up.

after the ambulance arrived, i got into it with him and held his hand until he went into the emergency room.

i called chan and woojin to tell them what happened and they would probably arrive soon.

as soon as he was released from the emergency room, i never left his side.

i just want him to be okay. i want to take care of him because i'm the reason he's lying in bed.

it scares me that this might be the end of whatever that was going on between us. i hate that i can't tell him i'm sorry while he's in this state.

"jisung! how is he?"

the hospital door slides open and chan and woojin come rushing in.

i shake my head, not having energy to open my mouth.

woojin pulls at his hair in despair while chan stares at minho's wrapped up head. the bandages went around his forehead and scalp, but somehow he looked like an angel.

i just pray he won't end up being one anytime soon.

there's a heavy silence.

"chan... what do we do now?" woojin speaks at last, his voice small and broken. minho is his closest friend, he sounded as frightened and worried sick as he looked.

"how did this even- what happened to him, jisung? minho was always very careful about his wellbeing. why did he end up in the hospital looking like this?"

woojin diverts his attention to me, his eyes searching for an answer.

he's desperate for any kind of solace in my words, but how could i tell him minho got injured in my stead?

how could i have let this happen so easily?

"jisung..." woojin stumbles over to me and grabs my shoulders. "what exactly happened to him?!"

the moment his tears fall, mine does too.

so i tell him everything, from start to end, leaving out a few romantic details.

one drop,

two drops,

three drops.

the tears fall onto the ground as i blink them away. my vision is blurry as i ask again and again.

why him?

why him?

why him?

"i'm sorry," i whisper, because that's the only thing i'm capable of doing.

"chan, woojin, minho might lose a few years worth of memories. the bleeding in his head is severe, he might not wake up anytime soon."

i run to catch woojin as he collapses from my words.

silent tears drip down his face like a waterfall as he stares at his closest friend's pale face.

i force myself to utter the last few words, despite knowing it'll crush them as much as it crushed me.

"additionally... because some nerves were damaged during the fall, even if minho wakes up..."

"there's no guarantee that he'll be able to dance ever again."