28. minho

"felix, do you want to join the three of us to explore the city here? you can be our guide." i offer, hoping desperately that the freckled boy will agree.

as if my prayers are heard, he flashes a megawatt smile and nods enthusiastically. great!

i see changbin from my peripheral vision and he's twisting the hem of his shirt in his hand. it's almost comical how much of a tomato he looked like.

jisung and felix don't notice, and felix seems perfectly unaware that he was the cause of someone's sudden shyness.

"come on, mates, let me take y'all to the zoo! the koalas there are too cute to resist." he skips happily, like a child who was given candy.

felix was a close friend of mine. we met at a dance academy in korea went he went there to continue to studies as well as practise dancing.

we wanted to have our own dance academy and teach children how to dance. felix and i agreed to save up money to buy our own dance studio.

we took the public bus to the zoo and the whole time felix was talking to jisung and changbin.

unlike changbin, jisung was engaged in a heated discussion of whether water was wet. i walked alongside jisung and brushed my hands against his.

he looked at me questioningly before turning back to talk to felix.

w-what? he was supposed to pay more attention to me... not my friend. i love felix, but he needs to get out of the picture right now.

and maybe, changbin would have more chances interacting with felix... if he doesn't faint from shyness.

felix is a nice boy. i'm sure he knows his directions enough to show changbin around. if changbin is lucky, felix might like him.

"okay, fellas. here is the Sydney Zoo! i love this zoo out of all the others in australia because the koalas here seem to love me more than the others." felix pouted and looked down.

his red hair hung covered his eyes from time to time, casting a shadow on his face.

felix was so likeable, changbin seemed like the type of person of fall in love at first sight.

felix went to the counter to pay for his ticket with changbin and i stood behind jisung in the queue.

after changbin and felix payed and got their ticket, they went through the turnstile together.

i took this as my chance and dragged jisung by the hand towards the exit of the zoo.

"have fun with felix, changbin!" i yelled as jisung struggled to catch up with me.

"hyung! slow down, i'm tired!" he panted.

i turn to face him and his hands were on his knees as he bent forward, catching his breath.

"hyung, why are we not going to the zoo? i wanna see the koalas..." he pouted and furrowed his eyebrows.

"but i wanted today to be for just us... like a date, you know? then you decided to bring changbin along."

the wheels in his head were turning as he processed my words, before a pink tint covered his cheeks.

"...oh. a date, i see. after one month, you finally make a move? all this time we've only been close friends. i was starting to think you didn't like me anymore."

he looked at the ground and nudged a fallen pebble from the street with his foot.

i didn't realise he thought like that. i should have made a move sooner. but i didn't know how. i'm still learning.

"jisung," i hold his hands and he tilts his head up,

"i'm sorry i took so long. i wanted to get to know you better and then see where this thing between us goes. but i really like you. i'm sure of it."

"promise?" he stuck his pinky finger and looked at me with eyes so hopeful i couldn't refuse.

i hook my pinky around his and enveloped his hand in mine. it was warm and comfortable.

"i promise. now shall we go on a date?"

the smile on jisung's face tells me he is more than eager.

———
i'm so sorry this story is shit idek how it ended up like this🥺🥺

also my mind is really wonky these days so if i make a mistake that doesn't add up to the story, please tell me. i don't remember what happened and my brain is failing me.