2 | The Lost Hale

"Hello, class." Lexi grins as she looks down at her new class full of her favorite students. While some remain nameless to her, others grin right back at her: Stiles sits beside Lydia with Scott and Allison sitting before them as a seat lies empty for Isaac near the windows. Towards the door sit a set of twins, both wearing dark jackets that make Lexi roll her eyes. "I'm so glad you all decided to take my elective this semester: Supernaturals of History. As most of you know, what hides in the shadows is a passion of mine."

As she passes out the syllabus, she says, "This will be very relaxed, so don't you worry about getting overwhelmed. My office is always open for any reason, as are my tutoring sessions. In this course, you will be expected to do about twenty minutes of reading a week. That's it."

Lexi smiles as some of the kids cheer. "For the most part, we will probably stick to the three main creatures—vampires, werewolves, and witches. If there is anything else you want to study, that will be your first homework assignment. Simply send me an email with whatever supernatural creature you want to learn about, and I will make sure to teach it sometime this semester. It's due by the two weeks before finals, so send it in whenever."

The class goes by quickly and before she knows it, the bell rings for the end of school. "Alright! I hope I gave you all some things to think about!" She calls out as students leave. Scott and Stiles linger back as teenagers walk out. "So, Derek's?" Lexi asks as she holds up her keys. "I can drive."

Her phone begins to ring. She frowns at the caller.

"I can't drive. Meet you there."

As she walks out of the room, she picks up the phone with a grimace. "Stefan, to what do I owe the disappointment?" She asks, ignoring Scott and Stiles calling after her.

"Your brother is super annoying, you know that?"

"I gave you this number for emergencies," she replies as she slips into her car. Driving out of the parking lot, she slips back into her accent. "And, I know my brother is annoying. However, aren't you the one holding my siblings hostage?"

"He took everything from me. He's the one who taught me the meaning of revenge."

Lexi scoffs. "Bullshit, Stefan. When he finds you, and he will find you, he will kill you rather painfully."

Stefan chuckles. "Not if I still have your family."

"If you still have my family, I will be forced to intervene." Lexi sighs dramatically as trees fly past her car. "And I will win, Stefan. So, why don't you just tell me where Nik can find you, and we can get this over with the easy way?"

"Klaus is the easy way?"

"You obviously still don't understand," Lexi says. "I am the Original Alpha. I do not bow to weakling vampires like you. I do not grovel at the feet of men who presume to know better than me. I destroy them. Look me up."

"Oh, I have. You're impressive."

She hums to herself with a pout on her face. "Then why do you insist on underestimating me? You continue to push me, and you will not like it when I jump back from the edge."

Stefan clicks his tongue. "Are you still upset about Rebekah? Mikael, maybe?"

"Mikael is dead," she replies. "I have never been more grateful to you for stopping your idiot of a brother from staking my poor Nik in the heart. Perhaps, he simply wants to thank you for saving his life. Tell me where you are."

"Can't do that."

"Then why this call?" She asks as she parks in front of Derek's building. Stiles' jeep pulls up next to her as she gets out of the car. "You know I have to tell Klaus. The people you're holding hostage—they're my family too."