14 | Scum Like You

"I know that these boys, for whatever misguided reason, are filling your head with an absurd story. One they can't prove, by the way."

The door to Derek's loft slides open. Scott and Stiles inch closer together as Jennifer steps behind Derek. "What's out there?" She whispers.

The darkness of the hall stretches into the room. A pair of blue eyes flaked with red appear. Her heels click against the floor as the light of the moon slides up her legs. "Hey, Jennifer," Lexi purrs as she steps down into the loft. "Or should I say Julia?"

"Lexi," Derek breathes. He glances down at her hands; claws pierce through her skin.

"I heard about Lydia," Lexi says, her eyes dark against the moon. She begins to circle Jennifer, stretching out her fingers. "I heard about the sheriff." Jennifer clings to Derek's arm as Lexi pauses in between the adults and the teenagers. "And I know about you."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Lexi hums. "I think you're lying to me." She glances back at Scott, extending her hand. Slowly, the boy gives her a glass jar of poison. "Recently, everyone's been lying to me. I've had enough of it. So, you've forced my hand." She throws the mistletoe over Jennifer.

The woman shrieks, her skin flashing to reveal her scarred face and body. It only lasts a second. Jennifer gasps as she returns to normal, but Lexi's hand is already around her throat, hoisting her into the air.

"Lexi, wait, wait!" She shouts, clawing at Lexi's arm.

"Wait?" Lexi scoffs. "You were my friend, and you've been slaughtering people all over town. You used me, and you used Derek. So, why should I wait?"

"Because I'm the only one who can save Cora."

Lexi clenches her jaw. "What did you say?"

"Call Peter," Jennifer gasps. "Call him!"

She glances at Derek. "Do it," Lexi orders, her eyes flashing in the darkness.

Derek digs into his pocket, the phone already ringing. The moment Peter picks up, Lexi says, "You tell me this town is going to hell, but you neglect to say anything about Cora?"

She hears him sigh over the line. "Nice to hear your voice, oh mighty one."

"What's wrong with her?"

"It's bad. She's in and out of consciousness. She's vomiting up black blood along with another alarming substance."

Lexi shakes her head. "Mistletoe."

"How did you know that?"

"Thanks, Pete." She turns her attention back to Jennifer, her grip tightening around her trachea. Jennifer chokes, her mouth opening wide.

"Ms. Adams, what are you doing?" Scott asks, panic in his voice. "Wait, stop!"

"Her life—It's in my hands!" Jennifer shouts.

Lexi chuckles, bringing her lips next to the woman's ear. "I'm done being blackmailed by scum like you."

"Ms. Adams, stop!" Stiles yells.

Jennifer smirks. "Stilinski, you'll never find him."

"You don't have to tell us anything," Lexi's eyes go blood red as her fangs pop out. "I'll just take the information—"

"Lexi!" Derek yells, grabbing her free hand. She pauses, her eyes fading and her fangs disappearing. She glances at him. "We need her," he says. "Let her go."