37 | Moved to Turkey

Peter, Scott, and Stiles find themselves back in the Mikaelson compound. Only they watch as Lexi walks past Hayley and up the stairs, passing right through them. Peter calls after her, racing into the small room she settled by; she does not acknowledge them.

"What the hell is going on?" Scott asks as Lexi watches Marcel, Elijah, and Klaus pour over Davina's old room.

"No idea," Stiles mutters. "You got any ideas, Peter?"

The wolf sends him a glare.

"Her violin is missing," Elijah says, running a finger over an unopened dresser. "She may have left of her own volition."

Lexi sighs as she crosses her arms and leans against the threshold.

"What did you say to her in the attic?" Marcel asks. "She lied to my face so she could stay up there, thinking that you'd help her control her magic. How do we know you didn't take her?"

"I have no idea where Davina is, or why she ran away. Can I suggest you take a step back?" Elijah glances down at how close Marcel is.

"I might have an idea," Lexi says. All of the men turn to her. Without making eye contact, Lexi snatches a drawing from Davina's canvas. "Maybe she figured out that you are all using her as a weapon instead of treating her as a human being. She is a child, after all."

Klaus purses his lips and avoids looking at his sister. "That child, to whom you refer to so affectionately, is the most powerful witch in New Orleans. If she's fled, what's to stop her from destroying us? In fact, destroying all we've worked for? No, if she's not a friend to this family, then she is our enemy."

"She's a friend, Klaus," Marcel says.

Lexi purses her lips as she folds the drawing up. "Besides, not everything is so black and white. We live in shades of grey, as you know, brother. I'll find her."

Before she can walk out of the room, Klaus grabs her forearm. She clenches her jaw as he says, "You better. Or else I will have to resort to more drastic measures."

"You want to talk about drastic measures?" When she meets his gaze, he flinches back enough for her to step out of his grasp. "Do not follow me," Lexi says as she walks out of the room.

She places the folded-up artwork into her jacket pocket as she steps down to the bottom floor to find Rebekah and Hayley sorting through casket girl dresses. "Hello, Hayley. How are the vitamins I gave you?" Lexi asks, pausing beside the werewolf without glancing at her sister.

"Good. Thank you," Hayley says as she places a hand over her stomach. "I guess the witch is missing, huh?"

"Walked right out of the front door, apparently," Rebekah replies. "Either of you know anything about it?"

Lexi shrugs. "I am simply searching for her." She glances at Rebekah with a glint of mischief in her eye. "Without the boys."

Hayley sighs. "I mean, I did tell her that the witch Elders were dead."

Rebekah frowns. "Why would she care when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?"

"Because Marcel didn't tell her," Lexi says while pursing her lips. "The one thing keeping her from being free, and he hid it from her. Like it was nothing but a cruel joke."

"So Hayley's the reason she's run off."

Lexi shakes her head. "Don't blame poor Hayley. Davina realized they were using her." She glances over her shoulder at where Klaus, Elijah, and Marcel stand by the landing. "All of them."

"Yeah, well, I've never been a fan of the boys club," Rebekah sighs. "Just you wait. Elijah will join them, and the three of them will be impossible." She follows Lexi's gaze. "Used by the witches, lied to by Marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus. Just like a modern-day casket girl."