9 | Right Her Wrong

She wakes with a sigh; sunlight graces her face as she peels her eyes open. Birds chirp in the distance as she looks out the window towards the clear blue sky. Lexi lets a small smile spread over her lips.

A groan from beside her makes her turn. "Shit!" She jerks up, clutching the sheets to her chest. "Stefan, get up!"

He mutters a curse, shoving his head into the pillows.

"Do you want Kol to castrate you?!" Lexi kicks him off of the bed.

"God—Lexi!" He holds his head and glares at her. "Really?"

She presses a finger to her lips. "The sage burnt out. They can hear you if they want." His eyes widen and he throws a hand over his mouth as he tugs his pants back on. "The window," she says, opening it and motioning to it. "or else they'll see you."

With his shirt in his hands, Stefan swings a leg out the window. Before he can leave, he glances back at her. "Thank you for helping me not care."

"Don't tell me you're feeling something now." Lexi quirks an eyebrow. "Remember, this meant absolutely nothing." She shoves his shoulder, and he jumps to the ground. Before she closes the window, she looks up at the sky. "Full moon," she whispers. "Just great."

A knock at her door sends shivers down her spine. "One second!" She calls, throwing a large shirt over her body and pulling on some underwear. She quickly opens the door and smiles at the man before her. "Finn. To what do I owe the early pleasure?"

Finn purses his lips as he looks down at her attire. "To be honest, I did not think you would be awake."

"Well," She smooths down her hair, closing the door enough for the bed to be hidden. "it's a full moon. I thought I'd let loose a little before nightfall."

"Yes, indeed." He glances at her neck. Instinctively, she moves her hair to cover whatever he is staring at. "Anyway, I thought I would ask if you wanted to get breakfast with your big brother."

"Of course, I'd love to!" Lexi grins. "Just, give me a moment."

She closes the door and snaps: jeans and a long sleeve shirt appear on her body beneath a leather jacket. Glancing in the mirror, Lexi waves a hand over the hickeys on her neck, making them disappear under her skin—a simple spell to hide the marks while they heal. "Ready to go," she says, opening the door once more. "Now, where are you taking me?"

"I was thinking I'd make you breakfast," Finn says as he offers his arm. "You always used to make us food. I'd like to return the favor."

Lexi squeals with excitement. Finn leads her down to the kitchen where two plates with omelets are already set up with glasses of orange juice. When they both sit down, Lexi grins at her brother. "You know, after a thousand years, I never thought a brother of mine would cook me anything," she admits. "It's nice. Thank you."

"Of course." Finn eyes her plate. "Dig in."

Lexi takes one bite of food, and her grin drops. She coughs as she swallows, chuckling. "Delicious," she tells him, her voice strained. "Why didn't you cook more before?"

"It's disgusting, isn't it?" Finn chuckles. "Good thing I got this then." He walks around the large island, producing a bag of pastries for Lexi.

"I'm sorry, but this is why you men never cooked," Lexi chuckles. "Thank you for trying. I mean, I wasn't much better."

"Of course, you were," Finn chuckles. "Let me try." He takes a scoop of food, shoveling it into his mouth; he spits it out. "How were you able to swallow that?"

Lexi shrugs, taking the pastries from him. "Thank you for breakfast, Finn," she says, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "You're a great brother. I don't know if I ever told you that."