Chapter 7

Lia rushed to the woman who had been so kind to her for such a long time, going past Marcus. “What happened to you?” She had kept her distance, however, due to her upbringing.

“It’s so good to see you…” was all Luna Terri said as she slumped unto Lia, losing consciousness.

“Luna Terri!” Lia tried to shake the woman awake as Marcus started to carry her. Panic flooded her. What was she doing here? Why in the world was she filthy? “I… L-let’s get her upstairs!”

She ran as fast as she could up the stairs, following Marcus, her heart pounding for completely different reasons from five minutes before.

Marcus set the unconscious woman down on the couch while Lia got towel from the cupboard and a small bowl of water. She came back and knelt down beside the woman. She dipped the cloth into the bowl of water and started wiping the woman’s face and arms.

“Who is she, Lia?”

“She’s the Luna of the Riverfalls Pack, Terri Johnson” Lia replied as she continued to clean the woman who had helped her live through the four years of being an orphan. “She took care of us.”

Marcus felt the affinity between the two, but he was still unsure about the woman called Luna Terri. There was something about her that didn’t make him feel right, just pushed his buttons the wrong way. Maybe it was because she was the Luna of a cascus pack that had him suspicious.

Sophie entered the apartment at that moment, she stopped in her tracks as she saw who was on the couch. “Is that…?” She ran over to her, kneeling down. “What happened?”

“I don’t know. We saw her downstairs, and she fainted.”

Their faces became grimmer as Lia cleaned, revealing the cuts and bruises that was on the older woman. She was wearing a dress that was now caked with dirt, but had obviously been another colour—white, Lia suspected.

“I’ll get clean clothes,” Sophie murmured, standing up.

“Yes, please.” Lia said.

Will, who had arrived together with Sophie, closed the door and had taken the seat next to Marcus, who was at the dining table now.

Sophie came back with clean clothes and they asked Marcus to transfer her to Lia’s bedroom, after placing a bed sheet over the bed to prevent the dirt from getting to it. Once they had transferred her, the girls tended to her wounds.

“I’ll call the pack doctor here, just in case.” Marcus said as he went through the doorway out the room.

“Thank you,” Lia replied.

When the doctor arrived, a tall woman named Lorraine, they had Luna Terri changed into an oversized green shirt.

“It’s best if you get her something to eat as soon as she wakes up, she’s not healing well due to days of malnourishment.” She started running an IV, improvising with the coat rack for the stand. “She should be awake within the next two hours.” She then proceeded to treat the wounds.

“Thank you, doctor,” Lia said as Lorraine stood.

Lorraine was tall and had a slim figure and, like most werewolves, she looked beautiful. Her long, wavy mane of red hair was pulled back into a ponytail, her skin was fair, but she had a sprinkle of freckles over her nose. Her eyes were a mesmerizing pale green.

“I suggest soft foods, like soup, so her stomach won’t be upset.” Lorraine said as she fixed the covers around Luna Terri.

They were all standing by the bed, even Henry was there, having arrived before the doctor did.