Chapter 9

“It’s very nice to meet you, Luna.” The young woman, Janice, smiled at her, and Lia immediately liked the young girl, who had such a bright and cheery disposition.

“Likewise,” Lia smiled, schooling her expression so that she looked every bit the Luna that she now was, but she still believe she wasn’t.

She looked around to look for Sophie and Henry. Sophie was at the side, talking to a group of teenagers, with Will’s arm around her waist, while Henry was talking to people who were clearly warriors of the pack, one of them being Nolan.

Marcus had absolutely refused to let her stand from her seat, not even to properly greet the people who came to meet her. She felt awkward being seated, but he always reiterated that the pack understood that the Luna was still recovering.

She smiled.

Lia Makkena was now the Luna to the Cerulean Pack.

She was Luna, and she didn’t know how to feel about that exactly. She was well-respected, and they all looked at her with a sort of awe that she didn’t quite understand. They all smiled at her whenever she happened to look at them, and they all nodded in her direction when she smiled back.

What made it even more incredible was that, somehow, they all knew of her being human, but they didn’t seem to care. They didn’t mind. Lia felt elated, this, this is what she’s wanted all this time, to belong and to be accepted.

There was a lump in her throat, and she felt stinging in her eyes.

Oh, God, she was going to—

Yeah, yeah. She was crying.

Janice’s eyes widened, and concern crossed her face. “Luna? What’s wrong?”

Marcus was immediately beside her as she tried to wipe the tears from her cheeks. He got down on his haunches and looked up at her, worried. “What’s wrong, love?”

“I’m… sorry…” Oh, God. She couldn’t stop the tears. Fuck. “I’m… just very… emotional… right now…”

The most used excuse in the book.

Marcus was silent for a moment, his hand was on her shoulder, rubbing it gently. He looked at Janice. “She’s just very tired, Janice, no need to worry. It’s been a tiring day.”

Janice smiled, but the worry was still evident on her face.

“I’m sorry… Janice…” Lia managed to say through the tears. “I guess… I’m just tired.”

“Then you must rest, Luna,” Janice replied, a small smile returning on her face.

By this time, the people around the long table that Lia and Marcus had been sitting on were looking at them, concern and curiosity on their faces.

“Let’s get you inside, alright?” Marcus said as he kissed her temple.

Lia nodded and wiped the tears away, but they just kept flowing.

“I’m sorry, everyone, she’s tired, and it’s been a very long day, it’s time she rest.” Marcus said, addressing the pack before he proceeded to carry her. “You all enjoy the rest of the party.”

She leaned on the hollow of his shoulder, and the tears continued to flow down her face and into the extremely expensive looking clothes that he was wearing.

Before she knew it, she was in a room. The lights were off, but they didn’t need to be turned on because the lights from the outside came through the window and she could still see.