Chapter Forty Three 🙌🏽

The moment Jungkook walked through the front door of his home, he was met with a deadly silence. The temperature inside matched the chilled air outside. The silence combined with the cold atmosphere filled Jungkook with anxiety.

Where was Yoongi and why was it so cold?

Jungkook traveler up the stairs and slowly pushed open the door to their shared room, a slight creak was heard. Once inside, the thigh boy saw his beautiful lover being cuddled by his silver haired best friend, Kim Taehyung. The two clearly weren't aware of his presence and continued their cuddling session.

Taehyung was spooning Yoongi was rubbing his squishy tummy softly. "Let it out, sweets. Tae Tae is here." Yoongi curled up deeper into the warm embrace of his best friend and cried softly into the pillow.

"He- he left and... and went to"Yoongi's sob cut him off mid sentence. Jungkook stood behind the door and bit down on his lip painfully to the point where the familiar metallic taste invaded his mouth.

"Jungkookie left me a-alone and went to b-beat up Jimin a-and I'm so scared!" Jungkook frowned deeply.

Taehyung shushed Yoongi and held him close to his chest. "He did it to protect you, sweetheart. Jungkook would never do anything to hurt you. He loves you deeply and wants you to be happy."

Yoongi turned in their embrace and faced his friend. "You didn't see him, Taehyungie! Jungkook looked like he wanted to kill Jimin. I don't wish harm on anyone! I didn't recognize my lover." Jungkook backed away from the door and slid down on the wall.

I scared Yoongi?

Tears of his own welled up in Jungkook's eyes. All he wanted to do was protect and love Yoongi, but now he was the source of his tears. Jungkook knew he should go in and comfort his lover while apologizing over and over. Jungkook knew he should kiss the tears constantly spilling down the dumpling like cheeks of Yoongi.

Jungkook knew all of this, and yet he did none of them. Instead, he stood up and fled the house with tears of self hatred flowing from his eyes. Entering inside of the red Toyota, Jungkook sped off on the ice covered road.

Jungkook drove and drove with tears blurring his vision.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He cried out silently. Jungkook sped through an intersection, failing to notice the light was red. The moment the red Toyota cruised through the lines, the headlights of speeding truck came into view. Jungkook, with wide teary eyes, let out a silent scream of fear as the car slammed into his.

The red Toyota flipped over once. Twice. Thrice before landing upside down in a pit. Jungkook groaned in pain as white noise invaded his ears. The car began to leak fuel as smoke drifted through the crushed windows.

Jungkook felt blood trickle down his forehead as he went in and out of consciousness. A distant voice of someone screaming filled his eyes as a flashlight blinded his eyes.

"Kid! Kid can you hear me?" Jungkook's eyes rolled to the back of his head as he lost feeling inside of his body. The last thing on his mind before slipping into a state of blackness was

"I love you, Yoongi..."

Yoongi fluttered his eyes slightly and was met with the sight of his handsome silver friend stroking his raven locks softly.

"Sleep well, Yoonie?" He gave a boxy smile. Yoongi whined and curled up under the chest of Taehyung. "Are you hungry? I prepared some food for the both of us. Come on, let's eat, sweets."