•Two•

Word Count: 1220

Warnings: ⚠️ Spoilers for IT 2 ⚠️, cussing, messing around like a 5 year old kid, smoking, lying.

Song for chapter 2 - "Girls On Film" by Duran Duran.

***

SEPTEMBER.

I made an 'oomph' noise as I fell on my bed. I hardly did anything, but I felt extremely exhausted after the first day of school. I got up from my bed and went to look for my Walkman.

When I had found what I needed, I put the headphones on, turned the music on and leaned back on the bed. I slowly exhaled, looking at the ceiling. I could get something productive done today, but my body was refusing to get up and I didn't want to either.

As the music got to the good part, I stood up and started dancing to it like a maniac. It mostly consisted of me making silly faces and over exaggerated dance moves. I grabbed a hair brush from the bathroom and sang with it as if it was a microphone. I looked in the mirror as I danced and tried not to laugh at my idiotic behaviour.

I suddenly stopped and looked in the mirror with a serious face. I took off my headphones and inhaled a long breath.

"I could be a famous comedian one day!" I exclaimed and started making terrible jokes to myself in the mirror, until I couldn't breathe from laughter.

I love those moments when I can be a carefree teenager, just fucking around with life. Those moments, when you didn't have to take on any responsibilities and just do whatever you want without anyone judging you for it. Those were the best moments.

I smiled so hard, that my cheeks had began hurting, so I decided to put my headphones and ipod away and go downstairs to eat some food or check what's on the TV. It was already 1 PM, when I had finished fooling around. It felt good to be a stupid teenager, but it felt like someone was missing. Don't get me wrong, I can rock being single and independent, but sometimes I just wanted for someone to hold me or crack jokes and not get offended by my humour.

I sighed, my smile fading. I grabbed a sandwich from the fridge and turned on the TV. Everything that was on the TV at the moment was pretty boring, so I chose the least boring one out of them - Batman: The Animated Series. It was a new show, because this was the first episode, that was on TV right now.

I ate my sandwich as I watched TV until around 3 PM. I was extremely bored and my last option was to go outside, so I did just that. It took me a while to convince my lazy ass to get off the couch, but when I did, I sprinted out of the door, took my bike and just drove around the neighbourhood. I could drive to somewhere, since my parents weren't getting home until around 8 PM, but I couldn't really think of where.

I freezed in my position and almost fell off the bike, but steadied myself and began driving towards a certain place.

~

"What is this? How did you build it?"

"When did you build it?"

"In my spare time. The hole had already been dug. I just reinforced the walls and I made a wooden door...and that's it. Good for my first attempt, right?"

~

I dropped my bike on the ground and began searching for the hatch to the old clubhouse. It wasn't that hard to find, but it had lots of dirt on it and it was overgrown with moss. I reached for the door handle and tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. I put both of my hands on the handle and after a little while I got it to open, almost breaking the hatch in the process. I carefully stepped down the stairs and looked around.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" A familiar voice asked me out of nowhere and I flinched. I turned around to see my redheaded friend.

"Bev, you scared the shit outta me!" I exclaimed, glaring at her. She laughed at my over exaggerated face expressions.

"What are you doing down here?" I asked her.

"Well, I asked you that first, but I'm just here to smoke," She replied, holding up a cigarette.

"Oh, I came here because I was bored and remembered of this place's existence." I said while looking around the clubhouse.

"It seems that everyone forgets..." Beverly spoke thoughtfully, inhaling and exhaling her cigarette, "...Mike never came to our school, Richie never visits this place, and everyone else just left like it was nothing."

"Are you here all the time?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She looked at me.

"You said Richie never visits this place, which means you probably come here often to know that." I explained.

"Oh, well, yeah this is the only place nobody can catch me smoke, except you right now."

"Is your father not planning to move out of this town?" I asked her and she awkwardly looked down at her feet like it was the most interesting thing at the moment.

"No, he plans to live here until he dies. He said he wants to be buried in this town." She answered.

"That's quite the loyalty to this town. Why does he even like it here?" I asked yet again.

"I don't know," Beverly began to look more annoyed. I guessed, that she didn't want me to ask her any more questions, so I didn't say anything and just walked around the clubhouse.

I noticed a comic book laying in the old, dusty hammock, so I picked it up. It was a Spider-Man comic. I smiled, remembering that I and Richie had a comic book collection down here. Beverly observed me as I put down the comic book and moved on to where Stanley used to put his shower caps in.

I took one and placed it on my head. It was quite disgusting, because it was full of dust, but I gave Beverly one and she gladly accepted. Beverly looked at the shower cap sadly and put it on her head.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, examining her face expressions.

"It's nothing," She lied and refused to make eye contact.

"Bev, when girls say 'I'm fine' or 'It's nothing', the statements are often false 100% of the time." I gave her a stern mom look.

"Fine...upcoming exams are really worrying me. I don't think I'll get a passing mark." She told me.

"You get way better marks than me, what are you talking about?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah, but the teachers hate me and they can easily make my mark lower." She explained.

"...and that would be illegal, Bev. They might hate you, but not enough to break rules." I told her and she didn't say anything. She just stayed silent, thinking about something.

"Look, I'm worried about exams too and if we both don't pass, we can stay together in this shitty school for another year." I reassured her, after she didn't reply with anything.

She came over to hug me and I hugged her back. She seemed to be quietly crying in my shoulder. Damn, I guess the idea of exams stress everyone out...

...but little did I know, Beverly had lied about her worry subject.

***

I've written two chapters already and I don't know why I'm so excited. I hope you're enjoying it this far.