•Twenty Three•

Word Count: 1003

Warnings: Cussing, teenager being a teenager, a physical fight, inappropriate comments, spiderman cameo, drama, not finishing homework.

Song for chapter 23 - "Dysfunctional" by Tech N9ne.

***

"Should we talk here or drive to my or your house?" Alyssa asked as we were coming near where the bikes were parked.

"How about going to the park?" I nervously suggested. My heart was beginning to pump really fast.

"Sure..." She eyed me, probably aware of how nervous I was.

We got on our bikes and began driving towards the park. I was close to vomiting, trying to think of what to say and before I knew it, we were already there. It was getting harder and harder to breathe each passing second.

"Whatever it is you wanted to tell me, it's what's been bothering you the whole day, isn't it?" Alyssa asked and I slowly nodded.

"Alyssa, I-"

"THERE'S THE FAGGOTS!" I saw Alyssa flinch as someone yelled out. I turned around to try to search for the source of the voice.

It was Greta.

Of course it was.

Unfortunately, she had her minions with her, so my plans to murder her without having witnesses would probably fail. Although, the minions were pretty stupid, so maybe-

"HEY! I'm talking to you!" Greta exclaimed once again as she had come closer to us.

"Hey, Alyssa. Is it just me or am I hearing an angry chimpanzee?" I turned to Alyssa, pretending to look genuine and saying it loud enough for Greta to hear.

"Not now, Y/N." Alyssa quietly warned, giving me a concerned look.

"You know...you're all talk and snarky comments, but can you actually stand up for yourself?" Greta challenged me. I chuckled, clenching my hands.

"..." A moment of silence passed.

"What? Are you a pussy? Too afraid I'll beat your ass?" Greta mockingly laughed. I breathed heavily.

"Oh, look, girls! She's pretending to be Eddie!" Greta exclaimed and laughed with her minions.

I got up and strutted towards them, they stopped laughing.

"Hey, I got other friends besides Eddie. Wanna meet them?" I smirked at her. She looked at me questioningly.

I punched her and she fell backwards on the ground. I kicked her face afterwards. The minions seemed to had run off already. Hah, talking about pussies.

"They're called fist one and fist two." I told the almost unconscious Greta.

"Y/N! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! HAVE YOU NOT GOT A HEAD ON YOUR SHOULDERS?!" I turned around to be greeted by Alyssa yelling at me.

"Wh-" I got slapped by Alyssa.

"The fuck is your problem? Almost everyone in the damn school has wished they could have done what I just did for years!" I glared at her.

"IF YOU WOULD HAVE USED YOUR HEAD FOR ONCE AND UNDERSTOOD THAT VIOLENCE ISN'T THE ANSWER, WE STILL WOULD BE TOGETHER!" Alyssa kept yelling at me. Honestly, she looked about as intimidating, as a chipmunk. I laughed quietly to myself.

"Violence isn't the answer? Jesus Christ, you sound exactly like my grandma. I feel like you're the type to person to want to be mature and pretend to be, but in reality you have as much maturity, as a fucking infant." Alyssa looked taken aback by my comment.

"...and you know what? I never liked you. I just accepted your offer and tried to convince myself I liked you out of pity." I told her and walked away to my bike.

I heard her sniffling and I smirked. I got on my bike and drove away.

A voice was yelling at me that it was wrong. I couldn't help but feel a satisfying feeling, despite the voice.

***

I sat on my couch, watching TV for a few hours until my parents came home. I went to my room and locked myself in.

Was this what it was like to be a teenager or was I genuinely mentally unhinged? What was happening to me? Why did I feel no empathy in the slightest? 

I didn't feel empathy as often, as I used to once.

I mentally gasped, realizing the connection.

What if I lost empathy since IT had taken me under control? It was able to change it's appearance, so why the hell couldn't it be able to do things like shifting emotions? This either was a permanent thing or IT was still alive somewhere. I had to make sure, but I couldn't endanger myself. From what I remember, it took a slumber for 27 years before coming back. If I could find it, would I be able to kill it?

I had to gather the remaining and available Losers club to inform them. Maybe we could still stop it...

...then again what's the point of that? What if it doesn't work during it's slumber? We would all be most likely out of town and way older. Beverly once said that nobody else would do anything about it, but that's honestly untrue. Beverly just seeked to accomplish something that could make her forget she was poor and worthless. I mean, I don't blame her. Not every kid has the opportunity to say that they killed the monster under their bed.

I tried to stop all the running thoughts through my head and went to lay down on my bed. My homework was never going to be finished, but at this point I was too exhausted to care.

***

Richie's POV

I tried to call Y/N a few times, but she didn't answer. After around my tenth try, her parents picked up the phone. I asked them about her and they told me that she had gone to sleep. It was only 7PM, which was weird. Did she really go to sleep that early?

I decided to just go read a comic book and tried not to think about it too much. If she did go to sleep, she probably needs the rest. There was too much drama going on with her at the center of it. I felt really bad for her. Life had decided to be really rough specifically on her.

Maybe I'll ask her later.

I told myself as I opened my Spider-Man comic book.

***

I'm proud of myself for fighting procrastination and getting on chapter 23 of this book (chapter 40 of the story in general).