•Sixteen•

Word Count: 1026

Warnings: Cussing, smoking, not moving on from the past, cold shoulder.

Song for chapter 16 - "Candy" by Doja Cat.

***

MARCH.

Was it her soft, wavy, platinum blonde hair? ....or were those perhaps her freckles, that made me fall for her? I did not know what it was, but oh boy, I fell HARD. I thought it would be a good idea to tell Richie about it. Turned out it was a really bad idea as he seemed upset with it.

I had asked him to meet me at the regular hangout place after 6th period and there he was. Smoking a cigarette, like always. He looked up as he heard me coming and gave me his signature goofy grin. I smiled back at him as I sat next to him on the ground.

"So what did ya wanna tell me?" He asked me and my mind blacked out for a few good seconds out of anxiety, but I got snapped back to reality, when Richie pushed my shoulder lightly to get my attention.

"Hey, you ok?" Richie asked me, visibly concerned.

"Yeah, I just needed to tell you something. Judge me or not, at least don't tell anyone." I pleaded as my e/c eyes met his dark brown ones. He straightened his back a bit before responding.

"We've been friends for centuries! What could possibly make me ju-"

"I-I'm in a relationship with Alyssa?" I cut him off and he smiled in confusion.

"What? But you're already..."

"Romantic relationship." I explained and he looked stunned for a minute. Then his expression went to cold and he didn't say anything.

"Please, don't tell anyone. You're the only one I could talk to about this." I begged as he stood up and began to walk away.

"Trust me, I won't." He replied with a bit of a raspy voice (due to the small silence moment and the cigarettes) as he walked off back to school or probably ditched somewhere else.

I put my head in my hands and sighed out of frustration. It was near impossible to figure out Richie's feelings. He had the "comedy relief" character mask and he wasn't going to take it off that soon.

***

"How did it go?" Alyssa asked me as she was waiting for me by the entrance to the school.

"Fan-fucking-tastic!" I sarcastically replied and got on my bike.

"What happened? Did he tell anybody? Oh God, what if he told somebody? I wouldn't be able to handle, if he-" Alyssa panicked, so I got off the bike and hugged her to calm her down. She hugged back with her small, delicate arms. I held her like glass that could shatter easily.

"Thanks." Alyssa simply responded as she got on the bike behind me and put her arms around my waist as soon, as I had gotten on the bike.

"Ready to go?" I asked her and she made a sound in agreement.

I had been together with Alyssa for about one month, until I decided to tell Richie about it. Richie didn't take it well, but I hoped with all my soul he wouldn't tell anybody.

Today, I and Alyssa decided to go to the Kissing bridge to celebrate our one month anniversary. Alyssa's idea was to carve our initials on the bridge and I had agreed.

I dropped the bike as we had arrived at the Kissing bridge and we both walked around to decide what place to carve the initials. I and Alyssa decided to carve our names into some corner that had a heart carved on it. Alyssa gave me a sharp stick and I began to carve the initials.

Y/F/N/I (your first name initial) + A

"I love you, Y/N." Alyssa hugged me in joy and I hugged her back.

"I love you too, Alyssa." I responded after I had made sure nobody was around to discover us.

We pulled back from the hug and looked into each other's eyes.

~

"...how are we going to hide it from everyone? Almost nobody accepts people liking the same ge-" Alyssa hushed me with a desperate kiss.

The kiss wasn't anything extreme, it was just simple and soft. Alyssa hugged me tight to her body as soon, as I reciprocated the kiss. I slowly moved my hand up on her back, underneath her shirt. She flinched a bit because of my cold hand, but didn't pull back from the kiss. We pulled back as the need of oxygen arose.

"It doesn't matter what they think. We can make through this together." Alyssa reassured me.

"I adore you."

"I...adore you too?" Alyssa awkwardly responded.

~

"God, I wanna kiss you right now." I told Alyssa.

"Then why don't you come over here?" Alyssa teased me. I leaned in to pretend I was going to kiss her, but I kissed her on the cheek. She groaned in frustration as I chuckled.

"Has anyone ever told you, that you look as intimidating as a chipmunk when you're angry?" I teased her and she rolled her eyes with a smile threatening to be on her lips.

"Where shall we go, m'lady?" I asked her after a minute of silence.

"How about the nearest ice cream shop?" She suggested.

~

Eddie had went to the ice cream shop as the rest of the losers were discussing IT. Richie, however, was bothering a guy with a trombone. The guy eventually took away the trombone just in time when Eddie came back with two ice creams. One for Richie and one for Eddie.

~

"What flavour do you want, ladies?" The guy at the front desk asked.

"Peach for her and Y/F/F for me." I responded. I noticed the guy looked like he recently got out of high school, his hair was wavy and brown.

We waited for a few moments and we were handed our ice creams. I paid for both of them, despite Alyssa's protests and we went outside of the store to the park. We sat down on a bench and I looked at the massive statue in front of us as I ate my ice cream. I remember how I used to go here a lot with the Losers club.

I looked away and sighed.

***

I think you could tell I mostly lost inspiration on this story, but I need to make these boring chapters longer, so drama slaPs when it actually comes out. I have no idea how I've managed to keep it a slowburn to this chapter. Also, this was planned to be released on Tuesday, but I had obstacles in the way, but here it is now.