•Twenty six•

Word Count: 668

Warnings: Mentions of suicide, mentions of creature, depression, confrontation.

Song for chapter 26 - "Wasting Time" by Calpurnia.

***

"Wake up, honey, it's time to go." I heard my mom call me as she lightly shook me.

"Jsjeizi," I just groaned in response and got up from the bed. I noticed I had different clothes from when I went out. They must have changed them.

I walked out of the room to see my dad talking to the nurse. When I came out of the room, we all left the hospital and drove home. I hadn't seen Richie anywhere, so I just assumed he went home. He probably needed a break from all the drama too. I'm just glad he didn't witness me die. What I tried to do was selfish and reckless.

When we finally got home, I noticed Beverly was sitting on my porch. Perhaps she heard about me almost committing suicide and came to talk to me. I didn't want confrontation at the moment. They all would bombard me with questions and I'd answer with 'I'm fine' like always. I got out of the car and walked over to Beverly. My parents had noticed her as well and my mom decided to be the first one to talk.

"Hello, Beverly. What brings you here? Did you want anything, honey?" My mom politely asked.

"Yeah, I came to talk to Y/N...if you're fine with it of course." Beverly turned to me.

"Uh, yeah, sure. We can go to my room." I told her and so my family, I and Beverly walked in the house.

"Do you want some tea, girls?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, I'll have the same as I always do." I replied.

"None for me, thanks for offering, though." Beverly replied.

We went to my room and I made sure to lock the door, because I know my mom might try to listen in to our conversation. She was very nosy at times. I get it, she wanted to make sure I was fine, but sometimes she crossed the line.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked Beverly once I had settled down on my bed and Beverly sat down beside me.

"What exactly happened there? Did you feel neglected?" Beverly bluntly asked.

"I-I don't want to talk about it." I replied, trying to hold back tears.

"I know it's a sensitive subject, but it'll stay that way and will get worse if you don't talk about it with someone. Y/N, I know you well enough to know that you tend to keep things to yourself." She placed her hand on mine, reassuring me to talk.

"Well, I...I blame myself for a lot of things. I feel like everything is always my fault and that I'm just a burden to everyone." I paused.

"If you truly were a burden, you wouldn't have been rushed to the hospital and I wouldn't be here to listen to you about your problems." Beverly reminded me.

"I know that, but I honestly don't have any reasoning for most of my thoughts and feelings about this. I have an idea of what the source might be, but I'm not fully sure." I explained to her.

"Well, maybe we just forget about it for a while and have fun? Just the two of us. Like a mini dance party or something. You will get over it, trust me. You just need to lay low for a while." Beverly suggested.

"Sure, I'll bring the radio and cassettes. Any song preference?" I asked her.

"Umm...Madonna?" Beverly requested.

"Eh, that's lame,"

"I think you should put heavy metal aside for now. It might bring negative emotions." Beverly advised me.

"Ugh, fine..." I rolled my eyes and put the cassette in.

***

As the girls danced and fooled around, they did not notice the low growls coming from the sewer. It was asleep, but always listening and always watching every corner of Derry. It knew everything and everyone....but for now we will leave the creature to sleep so we could focus on the main story.

***

It's so refreshing to have some short chapters. Don't worry, the chapters will get long again soon. What is your favourite smell?