•Twenty Five•

Word Count: 791 (Cut this one off short, because I don't have that much inspiration to write 1000 words every single chapter and I've done it til now)

Warnings: Hardly any cuss words (around 2, maybe), hospital, worried parents.

Song for chapter 25 - "It's You" by Ali Gatie.

***

- = pov change

If I really thought about it, he didn't actually care about me. It was just a natural instinct. He probably did it because of human value. Nobody wants dirt on their hands, do they?

-

Now was really not the time for this, but if I waited any longer, I may as well be risking the possibility of never getting the chance to do it again.

-

"Hi, Richie." Y/N greeted him with a raspy voice as he entered the hospital room.

"Hey, N/N. How are you feeling?" Richie went to sit down on the chair next to her bed.

"You know, just the regular," Y/N replied. It took a moment of silence for Richie to grow balls and finally say something.

"Listen, Y/N. I need to tell you something, I-" Richie got cut off by Y/N.

"What? You finally thought of doing a friendship-breakup thing?" Y/N questioned the boy.

"Y/N! Don't assume things. It's quite the opposite, actually." Richie grabbed her hand in his.

"...well, are you going to say it or are you going to look intently into my eyes as if you were trying to murder me?" Y/N sarcastically remarked.

"Hilarious." Richie replied with a monotone voice.

"Richie, what do you want to tell me?" Y/N looked at him seriously. Richie looked away and snatched his hand back from Y/N.

"Uh, I'll tell you when they let you go home from the hospital." Richie nervously told her. She groaned out of frustration.

"Yeah, sure, take your time." Y/N sighed in defeat.

"You should probably prepare yourself, because your parents are going to come soon. They seemed really...uh...stressed out." Richie informed her.

"Wait, my parents are here? God, I'm going to get a bigger lecture than-"

"My dick? Not possible." Richie cut her off with a witty remark and she just burst out laughing. She had laughed like her life depended on it and as if she hadn't ever heard a joke in her life. Richie smiled at her sudden bubbly happiness.

"Anything is bigger than your dick, Trashmouth. Even my one." She snapped back jokingly.

"Aye! I'm a big boy, miss! You shouldn't bully me, I'll tell my father!" Richie exclaimed in one of his voices.

"Awe, you gonna cry? Piss your pants maybe?" Y/N mockingly asked.

"......................maybe...................." Richie replied.

Richie was about to butt in with another inappropriate joke, but the commotion outside the door stopped him. It was Y/N's parents asking the nurse by the door if they could see their daughter. You messed up your chance, you absolute fucking buffoon!

"I'm gonna go buy some snacks, good luck with your parents." Richie waved to Y/N as he left the room. The door was opened and the parents could see their precious daughter.

They stalled for a moment, not knowing what to do. Then the mom rushed in to hug her daughter, but the daughter did not respond to the hug. She just scooted further in her bed. The dad closed the door, so the mom and the daughter could have some privacy.

"I am so sorry for yelling at you. You know you can tell me anything! We can talk about how you're feeling and-"

"No." Y/N mumbled and turned to her other side in a sleeping position on the bed.

The mom's eyes widened in concern. She sighed and sat down on the corner of Y/N's bed.

"You know...you matter a lot to Richie. After you passed out, he went over to our house and begged to help you get to a hospital. He also..." The mom stalled in saying the rest of what happened.

"What did he do?" Y/N asked quietly.

"He yelled at us for being irresponsible and letting you walk out without us questioning you. He looked like he was ready to kill someone." Y/N's mom took another pause.

"..." Y/N stayed quiet. Her mom thought she was still mad.

"You should keep him close. He can be there when we can't. He already proved that." She sighed, standing up to walk out of the hospital room.

'Maybe my mom was right,' Y/N thought, "I shouldn't keep everything inside of me, I should talk to someone about how I'm feeling.'

...and that someone was Richie. Maybe he wasn't using her after all...

Y/N shook her head and decided she needed to take a nap. All of this stuff had exhausted her. She needed some time to think, not act on her emotions for once.

Y/N closed her eyes and slowly fell into a deep slumber...

...until they woke her up to take her home, of course.

***

I'll maybe cut the next few chapters a bit short too, because it's going to be Y/N having a break from drama and relaxing a bit. Also, my favourite youtuber came back from a 9 month break when things started getting dark and I'm really elated. I hope my story entertains you during the quarantine. What's your favourite kind of carpet?