•Seven•

HAPPY (2020) NEW YEAR!!

Word Count: 1328

Warnings: Small spoiler for IT Chapter Two, cussing, inappropriate comments, nightmares.

Song for chapter 7 - "Kids In America" by Kim Wilde (I changed the song on chapter 4 for this).

***

Friday, November.

I walked to school the next day to find everyone looking at me. I sighed, knowing I was probably the next victim of Greta and her goons. See, kids? This is why you should never get involved with drama.

The whole day was made of people either laughing or looking at me. People who had enough brain cells ignored me. The good part was, that I got to sit with Richie and Alyssa in a corner of the cafeteria, where nobody could bother us.

"Guys, are you doing anything tomorrow?" I asked them.

"I'm not doing anything that big," Alyssa replied and I laughed.

"What?" Alyssa asked me in confusion and Richie joined in on my fit of laughter.

"You probably should think of your sentences before you speak them." I explained and her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. Honestly, it was adorable.

"I'm not doing anyone or anything either tomorrow," Richie answered my question.

"Great, we could check on Beverly! Oh, also, we could see how Mike's doing. You know where he lives, right?" I asked Richie.

"No, but I heard he got a part-time job at the library," Richie responded.

"We could find him and check on Beverly. It could be somewhat like old times," I sighed fondly at old memories.

"Uh...who's Mike again?" Alyssa asked.

"Another old friend, he's homeschooled." I explained.

"When's the meeting?" Richie asked.

"Probably like 2 PM by the library." I answered.

"..but I'll still be asleep by then!" Richie protested.

"..3 PM?" I offered.

"Well, that still can optionally be my sleeping hour, but I think I can make an exception just for you, ladies."

***

I shot up from my bed. I looked at my shaking hands and felt dried tears on my face. Had I woken up from a nightmare? I didn't know, since the memories of it washed away quicker than Michael Jackson's skin colour.

~

Run. I was running for my life. Run faster. There was something after me. RU-

~

I froze up, remembering a nightmare. It happened the night when I had slept next to Richie. It happened when IT was still alive. I had not remembered the nightmare that morning, only blurry images, but now I saw it all.

The bathtub.

A hand.

Then it had zoomed out of the hand, showing the whole picture. I did not know the person, but it striked a feeling of familiarity.

Then it switched images. Now, it was a man looking down at something, which was in my perspective's place. The man looked horrified, but proud and relieved. It was just two images. The man had pretty dirtied up clothes in both of them. In the first image, the man looked somewhat happy, but in the second, he looked scared and hopeless.