•Twenty eight•

Word Count: 1117

Song for chapter 28 - "Can we kiss forever" by Kina.

***

"This place looks like it hasn't been dusted in a while," I say to Richie as we enter his house.

"Uh, yeah about that...my parents still aren't back home from the business trip." Richie explained.

"I'm sure they'll return. You still have the note I gave to you on christmas, right?" I asked him. He grinned and nodded. He took it out of his pants pocket.

"I carry it around all the time, it's great for cheering up." He directed his gaze to the floor.

We stood there in silence for a moment. It was the first time we had an awkward silence. We've had tense silences, where we're both mad at each other and comfortable silences, but this was new. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"So, what do you wanna do?" I asked him. The corner of his mouth twisted into a grin for a moment, before his face expression dropped (probably trying to hide the grin). I caught onto what he was thinking, but tried not to laugh.

"I don't know...board games?" He suggested.

"Hell no. That's last resort. Do you have any new comics?" I asked him.

"I have new playboy magazi-" I shut him up by hitting his shoulder. I gave him a goofy smile and he responded with one in return.

"Well, do you? My parents haven't agreed to buying me new comics and I can't do it myself, because they don't allow me to go outside by myself." I pleaded.

"Yeah, I do. Come on, I have some in my room." He leaded me into his room and crouched down by his bed table, taking some comics out. He gave me some comics and took some for himself and sat down on the bed, stretching his legs out. I sat down next to him and opened the comic book.

We sat in a comfortable silence as we read them. My breaths became slower as I contemplated if I should put my head on his shoulder. I mean, this was a normal thing friends did, right? It didn't feel that way. It became dark outside as it slowly started raining. I didn't have to panic much as I started to get sleepy and accidentally put my head on his shoulder automatically. I could feel him tense up, but he slowly got used to it and his muscles unclenched.

"You tired?" He asked me, putting his comic book down.

"Mhm..." I muttered into his shoulder.

"How about you stay the night here?" He suggested.

"What about my parents?" I slurred.

"I'll call them and tell them you're staying. You can sleep here, I'll sleep on the couch." He told me and got up to leave the room.

I lifted the cover of his bed and got under it. The bed was a little uncomfortable, but I didn't notice as I fell asleep.

Richie's POV

I called her parents and they agreed on letting her stay here after I told them she was really tired. I made my way back into the room to tell Y/N about it, but she was already asleep. I smiled at how adorable she looked cuddled in my covers (fuck, my thoughts went elsewhere). I walked over to her and hesitantly kissed her forehead. I then made my way out of the room again and went to sleep on the couch.

It was really uncomfortable on the couch and I couldn't fall asleep. I tried to fall asleep for, what it seemed, many hours - to no avail.

"Richie?" I heard Y/N quietly call from my room. I had left the door open, just in case anything happened to her so I could hear it. I immediately got up from the couch and walked over to my room.

"What's wrong?" I asked her as I turned on the light switch.

"Can you stay with me?" She asked.

"Sure, did you have a nightmare?"

"No, I just wanted to cuddle." She replied and I tensed up, giving her a weird look.

"What? I'm not a damsel in distress over something so simple as a nightmare." She responded to my questioning look.

"Well, damn, ok. I couldn't fall asleep anyway." I said, getting into bed with her. We were both facing each other in the bed. Not knowing what to do, she just closed her eyes, trying to fall asleep.

I didn't know what came over me, I lean in and the next thing I know I'm kissing her with her responding to my kiss. We kissed as if the world was about to end and this could be our last kiss.

Y/N's POV

I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep when I suddenly feel Richie kissing me. I eagerly responded to the kiss. It felt like everything was on fire. The kiss felt intoxicating. I put my hands in his curly hair and he pulled me closer by holding my waist.

After what seemed like only a few seconds (which probably were), I pulled back and I heard Richie almost whine. I suppose he didn't want to pull away as he leaned in again. Our heavy breaths mixed together. I pulled my hands away from his hair and put them down, accidentally brushing against his pants. He let out a moan into the kiss, accidentally turning me on.

We finally pulled back as he looked at me with hooded eyes. We were both hot and bothered, but I didn't want to take it that far. We were only in 9th grade, it was wrong.

"This is way too late." Richie told me

"We should have done this earlier." I agreed with him.

Suddenly, he pulled away completely, scooting further from me.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Are you...are you still together with Alyssa?" He asked me.

"No, we talked it out. Even she told me that we had chemistry." I grinned and he grinned back in response.

He scooted back towards me and hugged me. I hugged him back. I felt truly happy for once. Finally, I felt like I belonged.

"Y'know, I don't actually like hugs. Yours are the only ones that feel nice." I admitted.

"Let's just sleep. I'll hold you the whole night." He slurred sleepily. He finally was able to fall asleep.

"Promise me you'll never leave me." I looked at him seriously.

"I won't. You have to promise that to me too."

"I won't either." I responded and gave him a small kiss. I closed my eyes as I cuddled closer to him. I heard him snoring and I giggled as I slowly fell asleep too.

***

Unbeknownst to the couple, the promise was about to be broken.

***

I'M SCREAMING. and yes the last chapter's question at the end was foreshadowing. Anyway, what kind of food do you like the most? Sweet? Salty? Spicy?