•Four•

Word Count: 1509

Warnings: Cussing, skipping lessons, inappropriate comments, kind of lying and manipulating.

Song for chapter 4 - "Pretty Girl" by Maggie Lindemann.

***

SEPTEMBER.

"You can sit how you want as long as you don't make much noise." Our French teacher said as we had all already gathered up at the classroom's door. I made eye contact with Richie and made hand gestures to point towards the back of the class. Richie nodded and we went to sit at the back.

"You know how the teacher said we can sit how we want as long, as we don't make noise? Well, I think the two of us are the worst pair up, if she wants silence-" I got cut off by Richie.

"Are you implying something?" Richie wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Wh- oh- no!" I laughed, only realizing the poor choice of words seconds later.

The students interacted with their seatmates, completely ignoring the rule that had been made clear earlier by the teacher. The teacher stood up from her seat and ignored the chattering as she began to speak.

"Bonjour, students! Bonjour is a greeting, that can be used as 'good day' or 'good morning'. Je m'apelle Miss Jackson, which means - my name is Miss Jackson," the teacher spoke, "I know this is kindergarten level, but I will call out someone and they will introduce me to themselves in French."

I watched as the teacher wrote how to introduce yourself on the chalkboard. She called on Alyssa first, who I hadn't noticed sitting in the front. She hesitated a bit before speaking.

"Je m'apelle Alyssa."

"Perfect pronunciation! How about you?" The teacher asked the girl sitting behind Alyssa, since Alyssa had decided on sitting alone.

The girl behind Alyssa answered and the teacher kept calling on everyone, until everyone had answered. After that, the teacher explained a few basics of French then let us scroll through our books and chat quietly.

"Oh, I'm totally going to ace the exams!" Richie told me as he scrolled through the book. He had been taught some French by his mom when he was smaller, but now his parents mostly neglected him.

"Wait, remember that one word you said? I think it was coiffure. It was in French, right?" I asked him.

"Yeah, it means hairdo." He explained.

"Well, yeah, I know. Context made the translation clear. Anyway, will you teach me some French? If I'm not going to pass the other exams, maybe I'll have a chance to pass French." I offered.

"Sure, doll." He replied and I smacked his hand.

"Stop it, I hate that nickname!" I whisper-yelled at him.

"Ohoho, have I hit a nerve, miss l/n?" Richie spoke in one of his accents.

"You certainly have and if you call me that one more time, a nerve will not be the only thing getting hit-"

"Whoa there, I thought we were friends, not friends with benefits!" Richie gave me a smug look.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I don't get off on getting hit anywhere." I responded.

"Hey! Don't shame me for my kinks-" Richie spoke a little too loud and the teacher looked at us with a questioning gaze.

"Hah...don't mind him, he's just being idiotic. Boys will be boys, am I right?" I awkwardly laughed to get the teacher to ignore us and she gladly did so.