•Nine•

Word Count: 1494

Warnings: Adorable-ness, awkwardness, teasing, one cuss word, inappropriate comments and jokes.

Song for chapter 9 - "It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas" by Michael Bublé.

***

DECEMBER.

"Can I come over to yours?" Richie had asked me while sniffling as soon, as I had answered the ringing phone.

"It's Christmas eve, though," I told him.

"Yeah, can I come over to celebrate Christmas with your family?" He asked me again.

"Did something happen?"

"Well...yeah. So can I come over?" He asked me for the third time.

"Yeah, sure. Just tone down the jokes when you get here, my parents won't approve." I warned him.

"...am not promising anything, señorita,"

"Please?"

"Ok, ok, fine. I'll try."

"Yay! I'm going to go wait by the front door, bye!"

"Bye," Richie responded and I hung up the call, running to the front door. My mom looked at me in confusion.

"Why are you so hyper today?" My dad asked, appearing out of the living room.

"Uh, my friend is going to come over..." I replied.

"You didn't even tell us you will have a friend coming over! Is it a boy?" My mom interrogated me.

"Yes."

"Y/N! Why didn't you tell us anything?!"

"He said his uh...his parents had to go to the hospital because it was an emergency and he had nobody to celebrate christmas with. That's why he called me," I lied.

"Oh, well..no funny business, though!" My mom warned me.

"MOM! He's a friend not a boyfriend!" I protested.

"Maybe, but you're a very pretty girl and boys might fall for you. I just want you to be careful-"

"MOM!"

"Ok, ok, I'll go back to cooking now," She said and walked back to the kitchen, which was right next to the phone.

"Yes, you do that, plEASE!" I ushered her and went back to the front door to wait for Richie. It shouldn't be that long until he arrived, since it was a five minute drive with a bike from his home to mine. He sounded pretty upset from what I heard on the phone, but maybe it was just the static or other sounds.

I flinched, when a knock had made it's way to the door, because I had gotten distracted with my thoughts. As I had opened the door, in front of me I saw Richie with a dorky smile.

"Hey, Richie. Come in," I moved away from the door to let Richie come inside. I saw my dad get up from his chair in the living room. I sighed, knowing where this was going to go.

"You're my daughter's friend?" My dad asked, towering over Richie.

"Yes, sir. Richie Tozier's the name," Richie responded and held out his hand. My dad hesitated a bit, but then cautiously shook his hand. They stood in awkward silence for a bit.

"Hey, uh...dad? Stop it, please," I softly pushed my dad a bit further from Richie.

"No funny business," He reminded me and walked away. I looked at Richie to see that he was holding in a laugh. I hit his shoulder and led him to my room.