•Twenty nine•

Word Count: 1029

Song for chapter 29 - "Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder.

***

I walked through the front door of my house to see mom and dad seated at the living room table looking like they were having a serious debate. When they heard the door open, they turned around so fast that Sonic was put to shame.

"Heyyy...why do you both look like great grandpa Joe died?" I asked and my dad cleared his throat and looked at mom. My mom decided to speak.

"Honey, your dad got a job offer outside of Derry and I got fired from my work..." My mom told me with a concerned tone.

"At the same day?" I raised my eyebrow and crossed my arms in doubt.

"No, that's what we wanted to tell you. I've been fired a while ago and I couldn't- nobody accepted me for a job and since your dad got a job offer that has better incomings than his job now, we decided it would be best to move away from Derry. I'll probably find a better job there." My mom explained.

"Wait, wHAT?! When???"

"Preferably at the end of your school year or we can move away sooner like in one week. We would only need to pack our stuff." My dad joined in.

"Think about it and tell us which option you think is best, alright? Anyway, I made F/F, your favourite! Let's all sit down and eat." My mom said as she went to the kitchen table. Dad and I followed her.

It was awkward as we all sat at the table eating. I didn't know where to look at, so I just looked at my plate.

"Look, Y/N. It won't be that bad. This will be an opportunity to start something new." My dad broke the silence.

"Yeah, I guess you're right..." I muttered.

After I finished eating, I went to my room to comprehend if this was really happening. If you think about it, it's really ironic. Right after my kiss with Richie? Seriously? I had to think of a way to say goodbye to all my friends I made here. I wasn't sure if they really were my friends. Maybe they just kept me around because they didn't want to hurt my feelings.

I sighed, dragging both of my hands along my face (CORONAVIRUSSS). I was exhausted. This town made me exhausted. Maybe it was for the best to move out of this town...and what if the best option for saying goodbye was to not say it? They would forget about me more easier that way.

***

Richie's POV

Where was she? It had been days or even a week since I last saw Y/N. Even the teachers didn't say a word about where she went, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I was going to stop by at her house today.

I was currently in PE getting hit by a ball and my glasses flew off. We were playing dodgeball. The teacher sighed and called my Spanish-looking classmate Miguel over to me to assist me to the nurse. The nurse sighed as I entered the cabinet. She gave me an ice pack and told me to sit down on the bed.

"You got to stop coming to my cabinet so often." The nurse told me and I grinned.

"Sorry, m'am, couldn't get my head in the game. I was too distracted." I replied and the nurse looked like she was having Vietnam war flashbacks for a moment before snapping back to reality.

"What got you so distracted to earn such a bruise? Thinking of a pretty girl? Or a boy, I don't judge." The nurse questioned me. I started mentally (anime) sweating.

"No, I uh- am worried about some exams." I lied. The nurse tried not to smile, obviously understanding that I was lying.

After I had exited the nurse's cabinet, I sighed in relief as there was only one more lesson and then I was free to go. Science was interesting, don't get me wrong, but I had the rights to be worried about my girlf- uh...best friend. What were we anyway? Maybe she didn't come to school because of the kiss. I tried not to panic as I dressed up in my regular clothes in the locker room.

***

I was driving on my bike to Y/N's house, my hawaiian shirt flowing behind me like a cape. I finally got there, only to be greeted by a 'FOR SALE' sign. I stopped in my tracks. For sale? Why didn't she tell me she was moving out? I dropped my bike and ran over towards the windows. Maybe she wasn't gone yet?

I checked all the windows, but there was no sign of existence from the family. Hell, most of the furniture was gone. So she- they were gone. Just like that. No goodbyes, no anything. Although, I did doubt Y/N would have told her parents about the kiss and decided to move away because the pressure was too much. She wasn't that dramatic.

***

3rd POV

After a while of contemplation, the h/c haired girl stood up from her bed and made her way out of her room to find her parents. She had finally decided.

"Mom? Dad?" She called out as she walked into the living room.

"Yes, sweetie?" Her mom responded. Her dad just simply turned around to look at her.

"I have decided, that I want to move away as soon, as possible." Their daughter told them. The speechless mom looked at the dad for a moment before speaking.

"Well, I- it'll take quite a while to pack everything. Are you really sure about this? Will you not miss anyone here?" The mom questioned.

"If you'll put it like that, you're going to tempt me to say no to moving at all. Besides, we have to move at one point or another, so why not as soon, as possible?" The daughter responded.

"Then I guess...if you're 100% sure...do you agree with this?" The mom turned to the dad. The dad hesitated a bit before nodding.

"Ok, it's settled. You'll be free from school to help us pack."

***

We're so close to the end of book two :D (and it's only April)! I can't wait to get to book three. If you spot any grammar mistakes in these book series be sure to point them out, because I actually want this book to be the best it could be. Anyway, I watched Riverdale and it was horrible from the moment when Jughead lost his brain cells (aka season 2 start, season 1 was somewhat bearable). What's your favourite music genre and what year music do you listen to? (80s, 2000s etc.)