•Five•

Word Count: 1395

Warnings: Cussing, underage smoking, inappropriate comments, skipping classes, mention of parental neglect.

Song for chapter 5 - "Party In The U.S.A." by Miley Cyrus.

***

OCTOBER.

It had been already a month, since school had begun and the weather was beginning to get colder as October had made itself known. Kids did not change their clothes, only walked in even more thin clothing to "show off", that they're not cold. I found it odd, that someone would want to show off that they're less sensitive to the cold, because it meant that they would sense a weather linked disaster later than others.

As the month of September had passed, I became closer friends with Alyssa. She actually turned out more cool, when I got to know her better. She was way more hyper around closer friends than strangers, it appeared. Greta thought she was cool too and they seemed to turn out quite good friends as well.

The only moments I and Richie got to chat and joke around was in French as the study schedule had began to become more busier. We didn't really even have time to go to the hangout place. Thankfully, I and Alyssa had basically all lessons together, so she made me laugh when Richie couldn't.

I was now sitting in math, being bored to death. The teacher was the one we previously had, but she let us switch seats, so I had sat down next to Alyssa. I felt myself dozing off as my head was on my arms, who were put down on the desk. My vision was blurry and then became black.

"Y/N!" I heard Alyssa whisper-yell. When I didn't respond, she pushed my shoulder a bit and I opened my eyes. I looked at her with a glare. I took my notebook and my pencil and began writing. I passed Alyssa the notebook.

She looked down at the notebook and quickly wrote something in it, passing it back to me. I had written: 'What did you wake me up for?' and she had responded with: 'We're in a lesson.' I sighed and wrote: 'Your point?' She gave me a look and rolled her eyes.

I turned back to my sleeping and Alyssa allowed me to this time. However, I was awoken again when the teacher was quite close to our table. I quickly shot up from my sleeping position and pretended to hear everything the teacher said. I heard Alyssa quietly giggle at me and I tried to give her an angry glare, but it just turned to an amused look.

Greta had not shown up today, so I and Alyssa sat in lunch alone. Richie had entered later than us and saw, that Greta had not made an appearance yet, so he rushed over to our table. He was so excited to come over to our table, that he almost tripped on the way here. I laughed at his antics.

"Hello, ladies!" Richie greeted us with a beaming smile.

"If you're trying to be smooth, next time know that tripping isn't smooth." I told him with a grin on my face.

"Ah, goddamn it! My plan to conquer the ladies fails yet again." Richie sighed, making a frustrated face.

"Don't worry, Richie, maybe someday you'll find someone who will love you in this terrible, heartless world." I pretended to be poetic, patting his shoulder.

"Anyway, how are your lessons going?" He asked us. Alyssa looked at him, joining the conversation.

"She keeps falling asleep in lessons." Alyssa complained, pointing to me.

"Hey! It's not my fault that I won't be using most of the stuff they teach us in our life." I pouted.

"Yeah, but you won't get anywhere, if you don't at least pass high school." Alyssa argued.