Secretly Helping

Back in Anashee a couple hours later...

When the two scouts caught up with Traynar he readily accepted their aid in carrying the young female back to Anashee. He had doubted he could make the long trek back with a second weight on his back.

When they finally were in sight of Anashee the young female gasped with wonder, "Is that Anashee?"

"Yes, young one. This is Anashee. Our home." Traynar confirmed, smiling at her awe.

Anashee was a very beautiful place. Set into the indention of a huge, gray rock formation that ascended up above the forest and spired with carefully carved trees, the city was a beautiful mesh of technology and nature. The ancient black barked trees that grew near the rock face of Anashee were much fatter and stronger than the other species in the forest and grew to tremendous heights. Their ancestors had discovered these trees and painstakingly carved them out to become homes over generations. Gradually, as the city grew, the Ansheeta began carving out the rock face as well to set up more commerce and residences. Bridges, and countless walkways created a seemingly endless web of paths that connected the trees to the rock face. The design was meant to accommodate both fliers and non-fliers. The natural formation of the rock also created a barrier that hid the city as well as shielded it from most weather.

Traynar and the other two scouts flew over the first rise of the natural rock barrier and down toward the massive double tiered gateway that served as an entrance; fliers on the top and non-fliers at the base. Unlike usual, the gate was closed, and no activity could be seen. With careful maneuvering they landed on the top tier and were met by other EFP guards who quickly ushered them deeper into the city where the large council chamber was located.

Several of the Council members associates lived in or around the chamber and were always present to act as a buffer between the many needs of Anashee and its people and the Council members themselves. This prevented them from getting bogged down with minor needs and could focus on the bigger, more overreaching problems and needs of their city. Two of these associates saw them and recognized Traynar.

"Traynar, is this..." one began but Traynar interrupted in a no-nonsense tone

"Please inform Madala that Anu and I have recovered the young one. Inform her family immediately."

The associates nodded and left to inform Madala and the others of their return. While they waited outside the chamber, the young female they had rescued seemed anxious.

"Are you all right young one?" Traynar inquired.

She looked to him, "I hope my family is here as you say. I want to meet them."

"I just saw them at our last meeting. They've been here every meeting since your chrysalis was taken. They will be very happy to see your safe return." He reassured her.

She nodded, seeming comforted by his statement. After a while, Madala, Felreh, and the female's family appeared. Unable to contain her excitement, she rushed to them for she recognized them from the data feeds she was given while in her chrysalis. They embraced, cried, and began talking in short comforting sentences.

Madala and Felreh smiled at the touching scene before addressing Traynar, who saluted them.

"Well done, Traynar." Felreh, the elder congratulated. "You've completed the mission we set before you in record time."

"Thank you Elder Felreh."

Madala looked around and asked, "Where is Anu? She didn't return with you?"

Traynar shook his head, "She remained behind. The giant moved closer to Anashee Lake and has collapsed. We believe his head wound has become infected and made him sick."