Visiting Anashee- Part 1

After the aliens and Merco had eaten their fill of the fish there was just a bit left. The citizens set to work picking off every minuscule flake of meat to be saved for later. That was fine with Merco; no sense wasting anything. He was about ready to haul away the bones and other inedibles, but the aliens went to work disassembling that too. Merco watched for a time, fascinated by the ant-like efficiency. He wasn't sure what they'd use the bones for but they obviously wanted them.

Eventually, he bid them good night and made his way back to his place in the canyon where he'd left his jacket and fishing pole, relaxed, and went to sleep for the night.

...

In Anashee the next morning...

Anu awoke with a hard stretch, yawning. She felt as if she'd slept through several sunrises. A gentle hand stroked her forehead where her plume began. She looked up and saw Traynar leaning over her bed to greet her.

"Sey-tala my love," he greeted, touching his forehead to hers. "Did you sleep well?"

She nodded, "I almost forgot what it was like to actually sleep in our home."

Her mate smiled and cracked his back, "Yeah. Sleeping on the ground for three days wasn't great."

"How's your wound?" Anu asked.

He lifted his sleeping shirt and she examined it. The slice looked mended and wasn't showing signs of infection.

"Hurts still...but not as bad." He admitted.

At that moment there was a banging at their door and Traynar went to answer it. Outside were two EFP members. The yellow dots on their shoulders indicated they were part of the Elder's personal guard.

Traynar flipped his plumage in salute and they returned it, "Traynar, Anu, you are requested by the Elder. Please come with us."

Quickly the pair got dressed in their uniforms and were led to Elder Felreh's place of meeting. She greeted them warmly and they sat together.

"I am going to announce the opening of Anashee's gates. Our people will no longer be confined."

Anu and Traynar nodded with approval.

"I believe it would be best to do this first, let Anashee breathe a sigh of relief, and then tomorrow near sunset, we will host a celebration to introduce Merco." The Elder continued. "This will give the people time to prepare. I do not believe bringing him here without forewarning them would be wise."

"I agree, Elder." Anu nodded.

"As ambassador for our visitor, you will be given the responsibility to convey this invitation as well as act as liaison between Merco and the people when he arrives." The Elder continued.

A series of tones began playing loudly over the speakers outside, signaling the Ansheetans to the main market square.

Elder Felreh rose, "I will be announcing this shortly. Please attend with me."

Together they, along with the personal guard, flew out to ascend the huge central tree that acted as the platform for an Elder's speeches. They all alit on a balcony that extended out from the thick, black tree. Below the square was beginning to fill as the population gathered at the tone's calling. Several minutes passed before the Elder raised her arms and her plume to the Ansheetans below.

She spoke into the sound amplifiers before her, "Ansheetans, I offer great news this day! Our planet has a visitor from another world."

The crowd murmured in a humming thrum.

"His name is Merco. I, Commander Madala, and these two fine members of the EFP, Anu and Traynar, have met with this alien visitor. He is a peaceful being and means us no harm." The Elder said with gentle inflection as the crowd continued to whisper, "I come to you today to say that after this meeting I have determined that today Anashee's gates will be reopened!"