Pictures of Earth

A/N: A bit shorter than what I usually write...apologies.

Pixie found Merco's hill of clothes and had dried herself using his shirt. She sat in it for a time to warm up again too. Once dry she went out and found her uniform and put it back on. What Merco had taught her was useful and she felt like she'd learned something...but it didn't make her want to start jumping in Anashee Lake. It baffled her that such a gigantic being could swim. Something that big, by all rights, should sink like a rock. But then again, Gold Scaled Leviathans were the biggest creatures on their planet and they lived in the water.

At that moment she could feel Merco's return and when she looked toward the lake she saw a flash of gold scales pass by near the treetops. Merco had caught himself another Gold Scaled Leviathan. Even after seeing it a time before it never ceased to amaze her that he could catch and eat those monsters. Knowing he'd probably be embarrassed if she saw him without clothes she waited for him to return on his own. The trees creaked and snapped signaling it as he strode toward her, dressed and carrying the fish.

"Look what I caught Pixie." He announced, dropping the huge fish on the ground.

Pixie noted he didn't have his pole, "But...you don't have your fishing pole...how did you catch it?"

He gestured out to the lake, "Oh, some Ansheetans in a boat had it snagged on their net and it was going to pull them under. So, I helped them out." He smiled and retrieved his knife, "Got a meal out of it."

"You're saving all kinds of Ansheetans!" Pixie seemed excited by that.

He dipped his head, "Well, I've got to quell this notion that I'm some kind of giant alien monster out to destroy everything." he sliced the fish's spine and stood back up, "Well Pixie, hope you're hungry."

Pixie nodded, "I'll go find some plants to season it with."

Merco nodded and set to work prepping his fish.

...

Later...

It had gotten dark by the time Merco and Pixie sat down to the meal of fish. He hadn't eaten much of anything all day so the meal was very welcome. Pixie sat with her own tiny portion enjoying it.

"Is it good?" Merco asked her.

She bobbed her head, chewing.

He grinned at her, "Good. Hopefully, I'm getting better at this."

After finishing the fish Merco buried the remains and put another piece of wood on his fire.

"You mind if we stay here tonight? Camp out?" he asked.

Pixie glanced around a moment at the dark woods, but then looked up at him, "As long as I can sleep in your pocket."

Merco nodded with a grin, "You've got it."

The little lavender alien smiled at him, raising her small plumage. She floated straight upward until she was right in front of his face. He watched her and very slowly she floated in close and touched her tiny forehead to his.

When she pulled away he smiled but cocked his head curiously, "What was that?"

"That's how Ansheetans show affection." She explained.

Merco gave a smile that was almost sad looking to her or perhaps it was a humbled smile?

Pixie wasn't sure she read his expression correctly as she asked, "What's wrong?"

He merely looked down, "Thank you, Pixie."

"How-how do humans like you show affection?"

Merco glanced at her, "Oh, a number of ways I suppose...here."