Invader

In Anashee...

Seraysa had been sent back to Anashee following the daring plans that had been made to take out the mercenaries. She had wanted to remain at Merco's side, but the giant alien had insisted upon her remaining as far from the probable fighting as she could. From his tone, Seraysa could tell Merco was worried and the impending fight had him on edge. So, she returned to Anashee where it would be safest.

The day the plan was to be enacted, Seraysa found herself floating aimlessly around the Temple of Emergence since she wanted to be close to her brother Verin instead of in the home she was given as Merco's ambassador. She didn't want to be alone right now.

"It'll be alright, Seraysa." Verin mentioned after she crossed the room for the fiftieth time.

Seraysa looked at him but she didn't look wholly convinced, "Merco was just...he just seemed so worried before I Ieft."

Her brother shrugged, "Probably was more worried about you and our friends."

"You didn't see the Rogashay settlement, Verin...it was awful." Seraysa mentioned, gripping her uniform front. "What if those mercenaries...?"

She stopped, not wanting to think about such a horrible outcome as Merco being killed or mortally wounded.

Verin frowned but then said, "Well, Merco was a soldier, so he knows how to fight. I'll bet he knows what he's doing."

"Yeah." she agreed quietly.

But her worries still weren't alleviated. Very gradually she wandered outside the Temple of Emergence to get some fresh air. Without hurrying she wandered the streets of Anashee. As she did there came about a commotion in the street and up above. She could see several citizens pointing up toward the mountain that bordered the back half of Anashee. Seraysa flew up between the buildings and into the air so she could see what the fuss was about.

Had Merco returned?

But when she looked up her eyes widened. It was a gigantic figure walking along the top of the mountains that bordered Anashee, but it wasn't Merco.

...

Cresh followed the S.O.S signal toward a mountain range that ended up being a few miles from where he started. The closer he got the stronger the signal got and he had a feeling the long walk would be worth it. Finally, he came to the base of a smaller sized mountain and looked up. His goggles zoomed in toward the top of the peak and there perched atop it was a small building with a tall tower poking up from it.

"There you are." He mentioned to himself, already trying to work out a way up to it.

Part of him thought about shooting the signal tower down but he honestly wanted to see what the set up was all about before he destroyed it. He hiked up the mountain and finally came up to the tower at the mountain's peak. The little antennae was taller than him, probably over ten feet. He twanged it with his hand curiously making it wobble at its top.

"Hm. Primitive setup..." he commented, circling the building.

That's when he looked down over the other side of the mountain and raised a brow ridge. The mountain was bordering a large valley and in the valley below was a miniature city with organized farmland just beyond.

A pleased smirk crossed the mercenary's lipless mouth as he tapped the clear tube that contained the four aliens he's captured earlier, "Well, well. So, this is where you little things come from. Looks like I'll get more than my quota after all."

Cresh reached up to his communicator that was in his ear to activate it, "Gurt. You can stop your searching. I found where these little guys come from. Start making your way to my coordinates; there's money to be made."