Trying to Communicate

Merco caught both tiny aliens before they hit the ground. Amazing how a simple tap of his finger was all that was needed to knock the kidnapper unconscious. Hopefully, he hadn't overdone it and broken anything. With gentle maneuvering he separated the two; Pixie in his right hand, her captor in his left. Pixie rolled over limply in his palm which made his chest tighten. He held her up to his eye, watching her tiny chest. The barest movement caught his attention and he sighed with relief.

She's alive.

But as he stared at her closely he came to the realization that it wasn't Pixie. The tiny scaled feathers on her head were too long and she was wearing a jumpsuit. Pixie's plumage was very small, and she wasn't wearing anything the last he saw her.

Merco squinted, "But... how did she know my name?"

Then recognition dawned on him: this was the female he'd first found inside that fish! A subtle movement from within his shirt pocket made him look down. And...the green one was the same one who'd attacked him in protection of the female. He'd tried to introduce himself to them, but they ran away frightened.

"So...you've been around this whole time...watching me." Merco smirked.

Closing his hand over her, he stood up and slowly walked back to the lake. He didn't know where Pixie had gone but something told him these guys might've had something to do with it. When he passed out they probably took advantage of that and "rescued" her. That's what he'd been trying to do after all; return her to her family. At least...that's what he hoped had happened. Still, a seed of regret remained that he never got to give her a proper goodbye.

Once he made it to the lake he sat down, opened his hand, and gently stroked the tiny body with his thumb, trying to revive her. After a few minutes of patiently waiting, she stirred. Her large blue eyes blinked and blearily gazed up at him.

...

Anu awoke not knowing where she was. The last thing she remembered was yelling and then feeling pain in the back of her head. She sat up and for some reason the ground felt...strange. As her senses cleared from her haze she saw the ground beneath her was not ground, but flesh. Her eyes widened and slowly traveled upward until they beheld the face of the giant alien, Merco. She was sprawled out in the palm of his huge hand...again.

"Oh my...it worked. What have I done?" she thought with dread.

"Hello again." His voice vibrated her insides.

She instinctually tensed, her breath catching at the intimidating size of him. It was certainly one thing to approach him when he was unconscious as opposed to facing him awake. Of course the first time she was in this situation the trauma of being eaten by the Gold Scaled Leviathan superseded the terror of being held by an alien capable of crushing her with a single finger.

"Take it easy, Anu. If he wanted to eat you he would've done it already. Don't show fear. He can probably smell it," she mentally tried to encourage herself.

The trembling of her frame didn't cease.

Her eyes darted to take in their surroundings. Back at the lake...almost in the exact spot they'd first came into direct contact with one another. Across the expanse between his hands she could see Boroxle clutched in his left hand, appearing unconscious.

There he was...but where was Traynar?

Her eyes suddenly darted for her mate, "Traynar? Traynar?" she called, her head swiveling.

The giant alien blinked at her but somehow seemed to understand as his hand slowly moved toward the pocket on his chest. She staggered from the movement, but as he brought her close she could see the lump through the shirt material. She cautiously looked up at Merco to ensure he wasn't about to do something horrible to her whilst she was distracted. He watched her almost expectantly. With slow deliberate movements she gripped the edge of his shirt pocket and looked in. A sigh of relief escaped her upon seeing her mate safely nestled at the bottom. However, he wasn't awake and Anu felt dread slither across her throat when she saw pale, light blue blood leaking from his middle.