Part 2

*On The Hogwarts Express*

*Alicia POV*

I was in a compartment with Hermione, Ron, Harry, Edmund and my best friend Dylan, who was also a Slytherin like me.

I wasn't sitting with them by choice if that's what you're thinking before we left Sirius asked me to stay with Harry as much as I possibly could, he didn't tell me why but he said it would benefit both of us so I reluctantly agreed.

I was sitting by the window across from Hermione with Dylan next to me, I guess it was decided that both Harry and I should be seated as far away as possible in this small train carriage and I couldn't agree more with the decision that my peers had made.

"I wonder what Sirius meant about Voldemort wanting a weapon he didn't have before" Harry asked out of the blue, which ignited a conversation between the trio which Edmund also joined into leaving both Dylan and I out since we weren't present for whatever Harry was going on about.

"Why'd you make us sit here if you hate Potter?" Dylan said in a whisper which was so quiet I could barely hear him myself.

"Sirius asked me to stay with him as much as I could he didn't give me a reason just said it would benefit both of us" I replied, yeah Dylan knew about Sirius his parents were also part of the order which would come as a shock as he was a Slytherin but his family was odd had almost every house part of it his uncle a hufflepuff, his dad a Gryffindor, his mum a Ravenclaw to name a few. It was an odd pure blood household but I guess that's why they weren't all behind pure blood superiority.

"Want to go hang with Malfoy?"he asked me although I wasn't a big fan of Malfoy and his ways we were friendly due to both of us being on the quidditch team. I really did want to go but I couldn't break the promise I made to Sirius.

"You go I'll stay here I can tell this is boring you to death" I replied and he nodded and left to go find Malfoy.

"Where's he off to?"asked someone in the carriage it wasn't a voice who usually talked to me or actually ever talked to me. It was Hermione.

"Nice to see you acknowledging my existence Hermione and to answer your question he's gone off to Malfoy" I answered, which caused Ron to groan and murmur something.

"Got something to say Ronald?" I asked in a stern voice which caused him to look up at me.

"Yeah I do actually, how are you guys actually friends with a foul git like Malfoy?" he asked me and I could see where he was coming from and once again I did promise Sirius that I would stop getting on the nerves of the trio in front me so I decided to agree with him.

"I mean come on Weasley you do understand he is in my house and we're on the same quidditch team so it's more convenient for me just to be friends with him even if as you say he is a foul git" I said which caused a smile to break out on my brother's face I bet he was expecting me to try and play around with Ron.

"Yeah I suppose you've got a point but that doesn't make him any less of a foul git" He said which caused all of us to laugh, I was taking a liking to Ron, he was much more bearable than Harry and he was funny while Harry was well Harry.

"What about you Granger anyone in my house you have a particular distaste or loathing for?" I asked, which caused Hermione to look up from the book that she just started reading not a moment ago.

"Well I mean the whole lot of you to be honest are hardly bearable" she said which caused my brother and Ron to laugh but I pretended to be hurt by Hermione's statements.

"Even me Granger?" I asked and she smiled and the other boys were waiting to hear what she was going to say.

"Especially you Rowell" she said which once again caused the boys to laugh and me to fake sulk. Which also caused Hermione to giggle and then inturn me as well.

The banter between us continued all throughout the train journey until we arrived at Hogwarts and went our separate ways. Edmund and I made our to Dylan and some other Slytherins. Although Edmund was a Gryffindor he was well liked within the Slytherin house, but I have no idea why.

"Thanks Dylan" I said as he had saved a carriage for us and we were on our way to the castle, it wasn't a long journey so we made it in time for the sorting ceremony.

I was seated on the Slytherin table next to Dylan and Blaise Zabini, another boy in my year and house, he was always quiet and only spoke when he really had to, so that's why I had taken a liking towards him and didn't punch him when he decided to sit next to me.

"It's that time of year again when I'm forced to return to this filthy mublood infested school" I rolled my eyes as I recognised that voice again it was Ron's old pal Malfoy, if you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic. I honestly hated it when people used that word it literally infuriated me.

"Well Malfoy aren't you feeling overly prejudice today, so please can you tone it down some of us enjoy being decent human beings" I said turning towards him causing him to look right at me with poison in his eyes.

"You dare talk to me like that Rowell, what's gotten in to you?" He asked as if he had known me for years and was shocked by my 'sudden' change.

"I've just had enough for your complaining I went a whole summer without it so please let it stay that way" I said which caused him to look at me with a annoyed expression but he didn't say anything back. Malfoy was smart he knew when to pick his battles and that I applaud him for.

"Wow someone finally grew enough balls to be able to put Malfoy in his place" Dylan said which caused me to giggle and I high-fived him obviously making sure Draco didn't see otherwise he would be on my back again and I just wasn't in the mood to deal with his, for lack of better phrasing, bullshit.

The dinner ended and I made my way to the dungeons where the Slytherin common room was located, I said the password and door opened so I could enter and then make my way up to the dorms. I saw all of the other girls that I shared a room with were already in bed gossiping and they didn't stop when I entered or when I clearly showed them that I wanted to sleep. They continue long into the night so I fell asleep pretty late. What a way to spend my first night back at Hogwarts.

A/N Hope you're enjoying the story, I am really thankful for you guys reading this book and unlike my other books I promise updates will be more frequent. Hope you guys have a great week. 😊