Part 20

*Hogsmeade*

Alicia sat on one of the corner tables in the three broomsticks. She was seated alone but that didn't bother her she just sipped her butter beer as she looked out, her eyes not lingering on one place for more than a few seconds. Her fight with Dylan had taken place just over 2 week ago and both of them were just too stubborn to apologise so nothing had really improved from then.

Alicia's eyes now focused on a new target a very familiar blonde who may or may not have been the reason of her and her friends falling out. She watched him intently, he looked nervous and paler than usual which instantly caught her attention further she watched him make his way towards the other side of the building where the bathrooms were situated but before she was able to see him reach his destination the sudden movement of the chair next to her distracted her.

"Why are you sitting here alone?" Hermione asked as she settled down in her chair. Alicia's eyes flickered between the brunette and where Draco was before but now he was nowhere to be seen.

"I just felt I needed a break from human interactions and Dylan and I may have had disagreement which may have lead to us to not talking to each other " Alicia sighed out as Hermione looked at her a concerned expression situated on her face.

"Well why don't you come and sit with Harry, Ron and I?" Hermione offered which caused Alicia to look out at the table the boys were currently sitting at.

"Yeah sure why not" Alicia replied with a small smile, she was grateful for Hermione's offer but for some reason she felt uneasy before when Edmund was here her closeness to the Gryffindor trio was justified and the Slytherins seemed to let it slide but now that he was gone and she was captain of the quidditch team she had a reputation to hold up within the house and team and this would definitely tainted it.

The pair walked across to the table where Ron and Harry were seated and Alicia sat down on the seat next to Hermione. The boys greeted her as she arrived but then continued their conversation. Alicia mainly sat back and listened as the trio were talking only joining in a few occasions just to seem somewhat interested in what they were saying.

"Ah bloody hell" Ron said which caught Alicia attention because it was totally out of the blue and had interrupted the flow of the conversation.

The four all turned to see Dean Thomas and Ginny sitting very close together and holding hands while sitting in one of the corner booths.

"Honestly Ronald they're only holding hands" Hermione spoke with a sigh just trying to calm her friend down a bit. But her words seemed to be very illy timed as about the moment she spoke the pair behind them began to kiss.

"Oh look Ron they're snogging too" Alicia said with a goofy smile on her face as she knew that would really get on his nerves and for that she received kick from Hermione.

"I'd like to leave" Ron spoke while pushing back his chair so he could get out of it while Alicia giggled a little this drama was definitely taking her mind off all that was going on recently.

"What?" Hermione replied

"She happens to be my sister" Ron responded with a slight bit of aggression he was obviously very annoyed with how this conversation had taken a turn.

"So...if she turned around and saw you snogging me would you expect her to get up and leave" Hermione said obviously not thinking before she spoke as the whole table went silent and stopped what they were doing to look at her. Alicia had to stop herself from spitting out her drink she didn't expect those words to come out of her mouth, why would the idea of kissing Ron even come to her mind?

But before Alicia's mind could get the better of her as it usually does she felt a hand intertwine with hers obviously under the table, she then looked at her who subtly shook her head. Alicia breathed a sigh of relief in her head maybe Hermione did like her as much as she did and just needed time to figure it out.

"Harry my boy how are you?" Slughorn said as Harry got up to greet him with a hug.

"Fine sir, since when did you come to the Three Broomsticks?" Harry asked as everyone on the table listened in onto the conversation.

"The Three Broomsticks and I go further back than I care to admit" Slughorn replied with a hearty laugh.

"I think he means him and the alcohol go back more than he wants to admit" Alicia whispered to Ron and Hermione which caused him to laugh but for Hermione to kick her from under the table.

"Well Potter I have this special dinner who I'm only inviting a select few to I sure hope to see you there" Slughorn continued once again only addressing Harry.

"I'd consider it an honour sir" Harry replied

"Oh and you're welcome as well Granger" the Professor said as he turned his attention to the girl sitting at the table.

"I'd be delighted to sir" Hermione responded while taking a sip of her butterbeer.

"Nice to see you Wallenby and you too ah...Rigby" Slughorn said as he turned to the remaining two, which caused the duo to look at each other with a surprised expression, it was one thing that neither of them were invited to the dinner but another that the professor didn't even known their names.

"What you playing at?" Ron asked Harry as he sat down on his seat once more after finishing his conversation with Slughorn.

"Dumbledore told me to get to know him better" Harry replied with a small chuckle.

"Well I guess that means it's important orders directly from the big man himself" Alicia responded in a humorous manner which caused both Hermione and Ron to chuckle a bit but Harry just glared at her which was odd. Recently the boy had been more hostile to her maybe it was because of the nearing Quidditch match but Alicia knew it couldn't only be that because this coldness started around the time Sirius had taken her to Grimmauld Place and she knew Harry wouldn't let go of it that easily.

A/N Hello everyone it's been a very long time since I updated and I'm so sorry for the wait but now that it's here I hope you enjoy it and have a lovely week. 😊