Part 10

*Back at Hogwarts*

It was time for another Dumbeldore's Army meeting and this time Harry was teaching us how to cast a patronus charm, which was the lesson I had been looking forward to the most as it was one of the few spells that I hadn't mastered yet even though ...

It was time for another Dumbeldore's Army meeting and this time Harry was teaching us how to cast a patronus charm, which was the lesson I had been looking forward to the most as it was one of the few spells that I hadn't mastered yet even though I had tried several times to conjure one.

I was standing with Dylan and Edmund as we listened to Harry's words of advice on how to cast this spell.

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can ever remember and allow it to fill you up" Harry said as then went to each person and tried to help them cast the charm.

I tried to follow Harry's advice and attempted the spells many times with happy memories from my past but nothing happened, maybe an occasional blue spark from my wand while both Edmund and Dylan had casted theirs.

"Need any help?" Harry said as he came up from behind which made me jump a bit.

"Yeah I do need some help, I'm picking all my happy memories but I just can't seem to do the spell" I complained to Harry which caused him to look at me with a thinking face on.

"Here's an idea don't just pick a happy memory, pick the happiest one you remember even if the happiness only lasted a split second" he said to me and allowed me a second to think and that's when it clicked in my head, the memory I had was very brief but the joy I felt in that moment can compare to nothing.

*Flashback*

I was around 12 years old and was spending the Christmas break with my family in the muggle world but a year ago my dad (Martin) just up and left us with no warning, as things had been rough with money since Sidney had been born.

I remember feeling the grief as I watched the neighbours have a snowball fight, it was just the kids and their dad against each other and I remembered the times when my dad (Martin) would do that with Edmund and I every time it snowed, my eyes started to water at the memories, I missed him so much more than I wanted to admit since I was worried that he didn't miss me.

I remembered cuddling up with Edmund and crying my eyes out and Edmund promised me that we'd go out and play together once we'd had lunch.

Once we did that Edmund and I made some snowballs and collected them up in front garden and just as we were about to start the snowball fight I saw a figure walking towards with a small little brief case and I instantly recognised who it was and started to run towards it at full speed my eyes fully tearing up as I hugged it tightly. My dad had come back I knew he would, I knew he loved me too much to never leave me.

But as soon as I hugged him the sooner I was wrenched away by his hand.

"Listen here Alicia where's your mum I need to get back home quickly so I can spend Christmas with my family so take me to her so I can sign the papers?" He said and my face contorted due to confusion. I thought he was staying for good now and what papers was he talking about.

"What papers?" I enquired as I didn't move much due to shock.

"Divorce papers Alicia" he said sternly with no emotions or any regard for my emotions. Then he continued to walk to the house and I followed on behind him.

"Dad, what about our family here?" I asked as I continued to chase after him, he didn't respond and continued walking.

"Dad what about us?" I asked once again which caused him to stop abruptly with a face of rage and annoyance.

"It's Martin, And there's no us, there never was and there never will be!" He shouted at me as he made his way into the house leaving me broken and numb.

* Now*

I focused my mind on the split second of pure happiness in that memory, the smile on my face when I saw him walk towards us, the absolute euphoric feeling when I thought he was going to stay with us forever again, when I thought he came back for us, when I thought he came back for me.

"expecto patronum" I said so I could cast the spell and that's when I saw a bright blue husky emerge from the end of my wand and I was amazed that I was able to conjure a full bodied patronus.

I turned around to see a grinning Harry who gave me a thumps up and then went on to help someone else.

"Nice Patronus" I turned around to see Hermione watching me and I smiled at her and she returned it. It was a bit awkward as we hadn't really talked since Christmas.

"Yeah that's what's yours?" I asked as walked closer towards me until she was right next to me and then she took out her wand.

"Let me show you" she said then she took a second to focus and then casted the spell and then with one movement of her wand a blue otter emerged from the end and honestly speaking it was beautiful.

"Yeah nice one bit I still think mine's better though" I said with a teasing smirk on my which caused her to raise an eyebrow.

"Oh really?" She said as she stood with her arms crossed and looked at me with a challenging gaze.

"Well yeah since it you ever want to be an
animagi you'll just be a cute little otter while I'll be a loveable husky" I responded which caused her to just giggle and shake her.

"Much more loveable than you are in human form" she replied which honestly astonished me. Who knew that Hermione Granger could be so sassy.

"Well yo-" I was about to retort but I was interrupted by a thud sound which caused Hermione to jump into me, I was shocked by both the sound and Hermione's reaction but very quickly she moved away from me again.

As many of started to edge towards the source of the sound forming a big huddle around it, with Harry further out in the centre. He was looking through a crack in the wall.

"I'll make quick work of this bombarda maxima" said a high pitched voice from beyond the wall and we all recognised it instantly it was Umbridge and in that exact moment the wall shattered to many pieces.

There stood Umbridge with Filch and some of the boys from Slytherin house. One of them was holding Cho Chang almost most as if she was a hostage. I looked towards Harry and saw he noticed her too, he looked confused and hurt, I wanted to ask him if he was ok but before I could we were all dragged out of the room of requirement.

A/N Hi guys again we are reaching the end of the fifth year part of this book so there will be a lot of time jumps. I hope you enjoy this so far and thank you so much for sticking with it. 😊