Part 21

Alicia sat in the Slytherin common room once again all alone something she had become accustomed to recently although she didn't enjoy it. She was currently doing some potions work and it was safe to say she was struggling this would be one of the many times she would go to Hermione or Dylan for help but in light of recent events neither was available so she decided to head to the library instead.

She took her books and hiked up the mountain of stairs this was one of the few disadvantages of being in Slytherin no matter where in the castle you wanted to go it was always a trek as the Slytherin common was on the bottom floor in the dungeons. After awhile Alicia finally made it to the library and started to look around for a free table.

Unfortunately for her all the tables were almost full of first, second and third years and Alicia wouldn't be caught dead sitting with them but then her eyes landed on a table occupied by the girl who was now the seeker of the Slytherin Quidditch team. Alicia walked towards the table and plopped down without saying a word which caused the other girl to jump.

"Oh hi Alicia" Cordelia said slightly shocked at the girls sudden arrival, Alicia looked up from her books and threw her a small grin but then went back to what she was doing without saying a word.

"I'm Cordelia, you know the girl who showed up late to Quidditch trials-" She spoke assuming the Alicia didn't remember who she was.

"I know who you are I gave you a spot on the Quidditch team" Alicia said as she continued to do her potions work without sparing a glance to the girl beside her. The two girls sat in silence for about 20 minutes till Alicia threw down her quill in frustration having had enough with the perplexing work in front of her.

"Need any help?" Cordelia asked as she noticed the annoyed girl next to her although it wasn't that hard to.

"Sure if you can do this stuff, I don't know how anyone in sixth year can understand this let alone fifth" Alicia let out with an irritated sigh.

"Don't worry I'll be fine just let me look over the work" the other girl spoke and then took her acquaintance's books to quickly glance over the material.

"Oh see here this is simple!" Cordelia spoke with a smile and then started to explain the work to Alicia who gazed at her with shock laced in her eyes and after awhile Alicia finally managed to write her potions essay with a lot of help from Cordelia.

"How do you know this stuff" Alicia asked Cordelia once she had finished her essay and started to pack her books back into her bag.

"Oh, I've always like Potions so I  read on stuff that's advanced " she replied with a smile which caused Alicia to smile back, thank god she decided to come up to the library or she would've been stuck doing it for hours.

"That's great, I wish I could stay and chat but I better get going, I have a lesson to get to soon" Alicia spoke as she got up from her seat and waved goodbye to the girl and walked out of the library and down to the charms classroom where she could see her fellow Slytherins waiting she spotted Dylan chatting with a few of their classmates so she hung back and waited for everyone to start piling inside.

Unfortunately when she finally walked into class the only empty seat available was next Draco and behind Dylan, she panicked on the inside when she saw her very limited options but she didn't have much of a choice so she wandered over to her seat and dropped down with a thud, startling Draco who turned to her and scoffed.

"Have you now made it a habit to follow me around Rowell?" He spoke as he caught a glimpse of her from the corner of his eye.

"Don't flatter yourself that much Draco if you haven't noticed we both took most of the same NEWTS so we were bound to have some classes together" Alicia replied sharply she wasn't in the mood to deal with Draco but she didn't think there would ever be a mood for actually being to deal with him.

Draco turned to her fully shocked but he didn't have anything else to say so he continued staring forward at where Professor Flitwick would be and didn't spare her a glance even once.

This class was with the Ravenclaws so unfortunately Alicia wouldn't get to see the trio and most importantly Hermione the girl who had been her only source of happiness recently especially since Dylan hadn't talked to her weeks. But the girl had been sending so many mixed signals Alicia didn't know what she wanted with her whether they were just friends or something more and because of this she found herself paying no attention to the words coming out of Flitwick's mouth.

A/N hello everyone I'm back after a very long time and I apologise for the long wait but I hope this chapter is worth it and I hope to make time to fit in more writing but school has been taking up so much time so I can't make any promises but I do promise I won't make you wait this long for the next chapter. Have a great week and I hope you enjoy the chapter 😊