Part 7

*The Next Day*

*The Next Day*

I was walking towards the great hall with Dylan, to get some breakfast.

"Apparently last night Draco went around telling everyone in Slytherin house what happened and they weren't too happy with us defending a muggle born" Dylan said while we walked up the stairs.

"Yeah well I don't care whether they weren't happy about it, I just know I did the right thing" I replied in a stern voice and in that moment we had walked through the doors of the great hall and I could hear the murmurs of disgust from the Slytherin table, so I just guided Dylan towards the Gryffindor table so we could sit with my brother.

"Looks like we're sitting with you today" I said as I neared my brother who turned around to look at me and I could see the shock on his face as he had noticed my pretty obvious black eye.

"What happened to you?" He asked as I sat down next to him and grabbed myself some toast.

"Got in a fight with Malfoy" I said which caused my brother to scoff and shake his head.

"Al, I've warned you enough already you need to stop getting yourself into fights and trouble" He said which caused me to roll my eyes, I'd continue doing it to protect my friends and family.

"Alright I will" I said not trying to cause an argument to break out between him and I so we continued to eat our breakfast in silence due to the tension.

After about 10 minutes the Gryffindor trio who I had become well accustomed to entered and took their seats around us.

"Blimey Rowell what happened to your eye?" Ron asked as he poured himself some juice into a goblet.

"Nothing much got into a fight with Malfoy" I replied which caused a huge smirk to appear on Ron's face and I could see the faintest on Harry's as well but Hermione didn't look pleased.

"Did you get him good?" Ron questioned me once again excitement prominent in his voice and the smirk was still plastered to his face.

"Take a look" I said pointing behind me where the Slytherin table was and the trio proceeded to turn around at the same time to get a glimpse of Draco, who might I say was in a slightly worse condition than me as he escaped the fight with bust lip and a bruised nose.

"That's great Rowell you've got to teach me how to punch like that" Ron said which caused Harry, Dylan and I to laugh while receiving unpleasant looks from my brother and Hermione.

"Don't encourage her Ron" Edmund said in a stern voice he clearly wasn't happy with Ron's reaction but I certainly was.

The conversation on the table digressed to something else as it was obvious Edmund didn't enjoy talking about me fighting.

"Let me put this lotion on it" Hermione said as she took out the same small bottle as she did the day of the quidditch match.

She then grabbed my face and made me turn towards her and she applied it around my eye massaging it on softly and I winched in pain.

"Don't worry it'll stop hurting in a second" she said once she finished applying to my eye and I turned to look at Dylan who had a grin on his face, I just rolled my eyes at him and continued to eat my breakfast.

*Later in the Day*

It was the end of potions class, which was obviously brimming with tension and snide comments from the Slytherins aimed at mainly Dylan and I due to us defending a muggle born. This lead to us joining the Gryffindor table and to our surprise Snape didn't say anything.

I was currently making my way towards the Quidditch pitch to ease my mind and distract myself from all the stuff currently going on, but I was surprised by a voice which called my name from behind me.

"Alicia wait!" I turned around to see Harry walking up towards me. I stopped and let him catch up.

"What'd you need Potter?" I asked since I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone really but I allowed him to converse with my since I had grown to like Harry.

"You going to do some Quidditch practice?" He asked as we walked side by side towards the pitch I nodded in response.

"Yeah just need to blow off some steam" I said which caused him to look at with a sympathetic look, he understood what it felt like to be in the firing line of Slytherin house but I on the other hand had never experienced this before and honestly it was worse than I expected.

"Well why don't we practice together and then you can come up to the Gryffindor common room later" he said and I considered the offer for a split second and then nodded to show him I accepted.

Once we got to the Quidditch pitch we both got our brooms out, changed into our training gear and started practicing, while giving each other pointers and have a light conversation.

We learned a bit from each other Harry showed me how to make sharp turns more efficiently and quickly while I showed him how to dodge bludgers properly thought he'd need it because of the incident from our 2nd year.

We were at it for a good 2 hours until we finished and made our way back to the Gryffindor common room, it was empty so I knew I would head back soon.

Both Potter and I chatted for a few minutes before I bid my farewell but before I made my way back down to my dorm room and got ready for the night.

A/N this chapter was more of a filler chapter to see how the relationships of the characters develop the next one we'll be back to onto the storyline. Thanks for reading 😊