Part 8

A/N there will be a time jump between each part like it was in the movies when they showed the Dumbeldore's Army scenes.

*2 Weeks Later*

It was once again one of the Dumbeldore's Army meetings and today we would be duelling one another and practicing the stunning spell.

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal it's sort of a wizard's bread and butter really" Harry spoke as everyone listen with intent.

I was stood beside Dylan and Hermione, who like the rest of the crowd were paying attention to Harry's demonstration as he had called a young Gryffindor called Nigel to help him.

I as you would've guessed already knew how to cast this spell and most of the ones Harry had taught recently but I didn't see why I shouldn't sharpen my skills because even if I hated to admit it Harry was better at duelling and defence against the dark arts than I was.

I heard a sudden thud which pulled me out of my thought and I felt Hermione grab my hand at the same time. I looked up and saw both Harry and Nigel had fallen to the floor and Nigel was only a few inches away from the fire place which then explained why Hermione reacted in that way.

"Did the great Hermione Granger get a bit scared?" I taunted as I leaned down and whispered in her ear which then provoked a scoff from her and I could feel her rolling her eyes.

"Al, I was just worried he would get hurt I wasn't scared" I smiled shyly at her response since no really used that nickname expect for my brother and our (adoptive) mother but I think I liked it best when Hermione said it.

"Yeah I can see that" I said as I raised our intertwined fingers to show her which caused her to blush and pull her hand away so she could hide her face.

"Hermione, Ron can you please come up and duel for us to see" Harry said requesting the assistance of his friends which then inevitably cut Hermione's and I's conversation short.

Hermione walked to the middle of the room between the two rows of people that had formed and Ron stood on the opposite side of her. Harry allowed them a few seconds to get ready and then waved for them to start.

For a few seconds neither of them did anything waiting for the other to make a move and then at once Hermione spoke the spell "stupefy" and Ron went flying backwards with a little whimper, which resulted in laughter as he was so convinced that he would be able to best Hermione.

I walked forward and helped him up to his feet and said "better luck next time eh" which caused him to look at me and shake his head.

"I let her do that it's good manners isn't, it was completely intentional" he said trying to formulate a reason for his loss to Hermione which must've bruised his ego a bit but I couldn't help but laugh at his excuse.

"Whatever you say Ronald" I said and then patted him on the back and then he made his way to his brothers who were exchanging some money, typical of them to bet on things like this.

I looked over to Hermione who was in a huddle with all her girl friends giggling she then turned around and made eye contact with me, I give her a thumbs up and winked at her which caused a small blush to cover her face and then she quickly turned back around to her friends to hide it from me.

The lesson continued until all of us had learnt and practiced the spell against each other.

*Next Dumbeldore's Army Meeting*

This time Harry had us all in a circle around the duelling dummy, he wanted us to learn how to react quickly against someone who was fighting us and to make sure we knew what spell to use.

"Alright everyone let's get started" he said as he joined the circle and cast the first spell at the dummy, which caused it to start circling around moving  towards people but not in a specific order.

Hermione casted the stunning spell and glanced at Ron as if to gloat about beating him in that duel and then it turned to Neville who tried to cast the disarming spell, he almost got it but he wasn't quite there yet it,then the dummy turned to me which made me cast a spell to slow it down (impedimenta), which allowed others to have an easier target to aim at.

Once the spell wore off after about 3 people it then turned towards Ginny who casted Reducto which caused the dummy to basically become dust. Remind me to never mess with that girl again.

*Final Dumbeldore's Army's Meeting Before Christmas*

This time Harry had us in pairs duelling each other. I was partnered up with Hermione while my brother and Dylan were together.

"Alright Hermione do you want me to go easy on you?" I asked in a teasing voice which caused her to raise an eyebrow at me.

"Do you remember what happened to Ron when he under estimated me?"she responded with a smirk.

"Touché" I said which caused her to laugh we then made our ways to oppsite ends of the room so we could practice our spells on each other. 

Hermione was the first to cast a spell, she cast stupefy at me thinking that she'd get the same outcome as she did with Ron but obviously she didn't since I blocked it with Protego which caused her to groan and once again try to hit me with Stupefy but I continued to hold up my magical barriers without breaking a sweat.

"Come on are you actually going to use a spell against me?" She asked letting her guard down for just a second which allowed me to cast Expelliarmus and her wand went flying.

"You were saying Granger?" I said with my eye brow raised and a smirk on my face which in turn caused her to scoff and stand with her arms crossed as if she was upset with me.

"Alright I'm sorry, I'll go get your wand" I said rolling my eyes at her behaviour but a small smile present on her which caused me to shake my head and get her wand.

Her wand didn't travel too far or was just a few steps away so I picked it up and made my way to Hermione and handed her back the wand.

"Thank you" she replied and while she took the wand from me our hands brushed which caused a small blush to appear on her face and in that moment I knew I really wanted to ask her to go out with me.

"Hermione would you like to-" I was about to ask her but I was interrupted by a gasp from behind me and I turned around and saw Neville and it seemed as if he had finally learned how to cast the disarming spell as his opponents wand was on the floor.

Wow that kid really knew how to steal my thunder.

A/N hello everyone thanks for waiting so long for the update but here it is and I hope you enjoy it. 😊