Part 3

*A Week Later*

*A Week Later*

*Alicia POV *

It was our first defence against the dark arts lesson, with the new teacher from the ministry, Dolores Umbridge.

I was seated next to Dylan at first but as soon as I walked in she made me move away since she didn't want girls and boys sitting next to each other so I had to swap with the guy who was sitting next to Hermione.

"Hello Granger" I said, she looked at me and rolled her eyes and scoffed  I wonder who pissed in her cereal today. I just continued looking foreword trying my best to pay attention to what Umbridge was saying.

"The curriculum has changed the ministry no longer believes you need to learn how to do any spells they believe that a theory based knowledge is enough to allow you to pass this class and that is what school originally is for." Umbridge said and then with a wave of her wand all the books moved and were placed in front of us.

I read the cover which caused me to roll my eyes 'Defence Against the Dark Acts Basics for Beginners'.

Hermione hand went straight up, " so we're not actually going to learn how to preform spells?" She asked calmly but you could see she wasn't pleased.

"As I said before the ministry for magic believes that theory based knowledge is enough for you" Umbridge replied with a kind of aggressive sort of calmness.

"What's theory any good in the real world!" Harry said outraged and Umbridge turn to him once again with the scary look in her eyes.

"Why would you need magic like this in the real world, who would honestly attack children like you?" She responded once again.

"I don't know Lord Voldemort maybe!" Hardy shouted which caused a deafening silence to take over the room, of course Harry had to say something that would make everyone uncomfortable, I know what he was saying was true but there were ways to deal with situations like this and Harry was obviously not fluent in those ways.

"Now let me make this clear you have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large again this is a lie" Umbridge spoke while walking down the rows and then cornered Harry's desk aiming the last bit of her statement at him.

"It's not a lie, I saw him, I fought hi-" Harry exclaimed but before he could Umbridge cut him off.

"Detention Mr Potter!"she shouted which silenced Potter but only for a second.

Their argument continued until Umbridge had enough and once again shouted at Harry and ended it at once. The rest of the class went silence once more and did the work that she had set on the blackboard.

I nudged Hermione and she looked at me with a glint in her eye.

"What do you want Rowell?" She said whispering through her gritted teeth so Umbridge wouldn't hear her.

"Tell Harry that I applaud his bravery but next time he deals with a ministry fool he should approach it with a bit more finesse inside of shouting at her like he's some five year old" I said which caused Hermione to raise an eyebrow at me.

"Oh and I'm sure you would be able to handle this situation with finesse as you say" she said with a challenging smirk on her face.

"Yeah I would actually" I answered and returned the smirk.

"Oh so why didn't you then, Rowell?" She asked pretending to be confused as if she was trying to catch me out.

"Come on Granger when have you known me to help scar boy over there, the only one I'd ever help is you really" I said whispering into her ear which caused her to blush, oh wow Granger didn't know you did that.

"Girls stop talking and get on with the work!" Umbridge shouted from her desk and we both murmured an apology and continued with the work.

*The Next Day*

I was currently on my way to potions while chatting with Dylan when Edmund came up behind me.

"So how was your first lesson with that hag Umbridge?" He asked excitedly as he knew Harry was in my class so it was cause some sort of confrontation, my brother was always a big fan of a bit of drama.

"Harry and Umbridge had one of those show downs like they do in those old western cowboy movies, unfortunately I didn't have anything on me otherwise I would've played the music for it" This caused Edmund to laugh, but Dylan to look at me with confusion. Ugh pure bloods sometimes.

"What's an old western cowboy movie?" He asked genuinely perplexed, it was kinda cute but annoying at the same time.

"It's a muggle thing" both Edmund and I responded at the same time which caused us to laugh again.

"Alright I better be off I'm already late for charms see you guys" Edmund said as he ran off down the corridor.

We made it to potions on time as Snape was always a bit late. Unfortunately we once again had this class with Gryffindors, that meant more outbursts from Potter as he was always out to frame Snape for some reason.

I took a seat with all the Slytherins on one table while all the Gryffindor sat on a different table.

I looked at the Gryffindor table and saw the infamous Gryffindor trio sitting on the table with Neville Longbottom and Seamus Finnigan. They seemed to be in deep conversation and obviously Hermione was the one leading it. I must say she looked pretty good today not that she didn't everyday.

I kept making discrete glances at Hermione while Snape was teaching the class, but one glance was a bit too long for my liking and I was caught out for it.

"Miss Rowell, do you know what colour the strengthening solution would be once fully matured?" Snape asked pulling me out of my thoughts and obviously Hermione's hand raised up but he ignored her.

"Um-ah I don't know sir" I replied which caused him to shake his head and he had this look in his eyes and I knew he was going to say something that wouldn't spare me from embarrassment.

"It's turquoise in colour Miss Rowell and maybe if you were actually paying attention in class and weren't staring at Miss Granger, making googly eyes at her maybe you'd know the answer" Snape said which caused the whole class to erupt in laughter especially Potter which got my blood boiling and I made a rash decision of talking back to Snape, regretting it immediately.

"Well I'd rather stare at her Sir than have to stare at you" I said which caused a furious look to come upon his face and the room went silent in anticipation.

"5 points from Slytherin Miss Rowell and you'll be serving detention with Professor Umbridge next Friday evening" he said with a sly smile on his face.

"But sir that's the night before the Quidditch game!" I exclaimed hoping he'd have some pity as I was part of his house's Quidditch team.

"Yes I know that Rowell and better yet you'll be serving it with Potter maybe this will persuade you to pay attention in my class" he said which caused me to groan it doesn't ever get better for me does it.