Part 11

*Great Hall*

Umbridge had us sitting on single desks using her special blood quill as a punishment for everyone who was in the Dumbeldore's Army and since Dumbeldore himself had just disappeared she had been appointed head mistress so no one could stop her.

The punishment lasted an hour and when it finished everyone had very clear scars on their hands. As we walked out we all saw Cho waiting outside and no one acknowledged her and she didn't try to make them to. But when Harry walked out she tried to stop him but he just walked away looking very hurt.

I walked away from the hall towards the dungeons with Dylan by my side.

"Do you know what's going on between Harry and Cho?" I asked Dylan and he raised an eyebrow at me as Harry was rarely a topic of discussion for us.

"Why you interested in Potter now, I knew the hatred you had for him was just a cover up" he said which caused me to roll my eyes while he was laughing at my reaction.

"First ew never and second no I just think he looks a little too hurt by Cho" I responded while he continued to laugh at his not so funny joke.

"Yeah didn't you know they were dating for a while" he answered which shocked me since I didn't the Gryffindor trio never mentioned it, seems like leaving me out on important details was becoming a regular occurrence for them now.

*A Month Before the OWLS*

It was early in the morning and Dylan and I were sitting on the Gryffindor with the famous trio. Everyone in our year seemed a bit tense as we reached the last month before our OWLS, I mean hell even Ron and Harry were studying.

"Hermione do you think you could help me with potions later?" I asked as I started to pour myself some orange juice.

Hermione looked up from her book which she brought so she could study during breakfast. She was taking this way more seriously than anyone else can't blame her though she was taking more classes.

"Well I suppose I can help you" she said absentmindedly as she still was reading over her herbology textbook which was definitely one of my worst subject and I was quite certain I would fail but I couldn't careless since I didn't intend to take it after this year.

"What about Hermione do you think you can help me with potions aswell?" Ron asked really politely which was something new.

"No I'm going to have to drag her through it I don't need someone else to drag as well" she responded which caused both Ron and I'd jaw to drop while both Harry and Dylan were laughing their heads off.

"Well thanks for the vote of confidence Hermione" I said which caused her to raise an eyebrow at me with a smirk present on her face.

"Anytime!" She responded and then dramatically walked away since she had finished her breakfast.

*Library*

I ran into the library as I was late due to Quidditch Practice running overtime and the slytherin captain was an arse so he wouldn't let me leave early.

As I rushed in a spotted Hermione sitting on one of the tables at the back of the library, she was reading through what I presumed to be a potions textbook and then she looked up and spotted me walking towards her I could see that she wasn't very happy with me.

"You're late!" She said as I sat down and took all my potions stuff out and got a bit comfortable in my seat.

"No you're just early" I respond and then Hermione hit me in the head with her textbook, I guess that's what you get for keeping her waiting for 15 minutes and then trying to joke about it.

We then started to go through some parts of potions I didn't understand and she showed me how to follow some of the more complicated instructions in the potions book, we continued on for about an hour or so and that's when I decided we should take a break.

"So how are you managing to study for 11 OWLS?" I asked as Hermione took out her defense against the dark arts text book which would be of minimal help as it was given to us by Umbridge and the ministry.

"Well it's not that easy but I somehow make it work" she replied as she flicked through the textbook looking frustrated.

"Don't you ever take a break?" I asked as I guessed she'd be studying for a long time.

"I don't have time to take breaks" she said as she continued to flick through the book looking for a particular spell but not being able to find it which made her to slam the book shut.

"Well I think you desperately need one so come on!" I said as I grabbed her hand and pulled her out of her seat and tried to get her to move further but she stood her ground.

"No I can't there's so much I have to do and so little time" she replied while yanking her hand out of my grasp.

"Hermione you've been at it for hours, you need to take a break so your brain can process everything" I said which caused her to sigh, maybe she was giving in and would let me take her on a break.

"Fine but who's going to look after our stuff?" She asked a question I already had an answer to, so I called a kid, who was obviously a first year, over from one of the library sections and he agreed to study here and look after our stuff.

Once that was sorted I took Hermione outside to the large bridge where it would be nice and peaceful plus we'd also get a nice view due to it almost being sunset.

"This is relaxing" she said as we both stood and looked over one of the bridge's ledges, she just stared out into the distance.

"I know that's why I brought you here, you deserve this" I responded which caused her to smile at me.

"Do you ever wonder what your life would be like if you weren't a wizard?" She asked out of the blue.

"It would be a whole lot more boring but I guess we would be safer" I responded which caused her to nod as if she was taking in what I said.

"I think our lives would be simpler, no impeding threat that was out to kill your best friends and probably you" she replied after a while.

"Hermione you know we'll-I'll always be by your side to protect you and vice versa, although it seems like you protect Harry and Ron more than they do you, so there's no need to worry" I said which caused her to laugh as she probably knew that without her Harry and Ron would never make it this far.

"Yeah you're right, I shouldn't worry about it" she said as she rested her head on my shoulder while staring out as the sunset illuminating the view with a deep orange light making everything look so beautiful and made this moment with Hermione magical.

A/N More of a filler chapter but luckily the next few chapters is when everything goes down so hope you enjoy it.😊