Part 5

*Time Jump:  Two Months Later*

*Time Jump: Two Months Later*

*Alicia POV*

I was currently sitting with my brother Edmund on the Gryffindor table in the great hall for breakfast. Today we would be going on our weekend trip to Hogsmeade, Dylan was unfortunately unable to come with us since he got injured in a recent Quidditch match and Madam Pomfrey wanted him to stay.

"So what are you going to do in Hogmeade?" I asked Edmund who was pouring himself some orange juice.

"Apparently Harry's going to set up this club where he'll teach spells so we'll be able to fight against the dark arts so I'm going to that since we literally learn nothing in lessons" he responded and I was slightly shocked that I wasn't informed about this as I had recently become much closer to the Gryffindor trio especially a particular brunette but I guess they still saw me as the outsider.

"Do you mind if I tag along I want to know more about this maybe I'll end up joining as well" I said and Edmund nodded which meant he was okay with me coming with him.

"Just don't draw too much attention to yourself not all the people there will be very comfortable with a Slytherin joining or even just taking interest in it" he said which caused me to frown a little I knew that Slytherin has a reputation that proceeds itself but I wasn't that bad I never really gave anyone from the other houses a reason to dislike me.

"That's a shame I always like to make a dramatic entrance but looks like I'll have to tone it down today" I said trying to play off the fact that I was a little hurt by what by brother said although there was a lot of truth in the statement but Edmund saw right through it.

"You're not that bad alright and if everyone judges you just based on which house you're in then it's their loss" he said which did cause me to smile, he was right.

*At the Hog's Head Inn*

Both Edmund and I arrived just on time but it seemed as if a crowd had already gathered inside so basically we were late so much for lying low.

As I walked in behind my brother I heard murmurs which were quite obviously directed at me, one of the many reasons none of these people were sorted into Slytherin.

"Why is she here?"

"How did they let a Slytherin in?"

"She's probably just a death eater that wants to spill all our tactics to You-Know-Who"

The last one was loud enough for my brother to hear it clearly and he turned around and confronted the person who said it.

"Listen here you moron, my sister is many things but she's not a death eater and next time you want to call her something say it to her face and let's see if you'll actually stand a chance against her" he said the anger evident in his voice but also in his eyes which caused all the murmurs about me to cease.

Both Edmund and I managed to find seats relatively quickly which allowed Harry, Hermione and Ron to start talking about the idea for the club they had planned.

"Um hi...you all know why we're here, we need a teacher, a proper teacher, one who's had real experience defending themselves from the dark arts" Hermione said while standing up and addressing the small crowd that had gathered in the inn.

"Why?" a boy asked it was the some kid who called me a death eater so I had to say something to help Hermione out and get a small bit of revenge.

"Why? Because You-Know-How's back you numpty" I said which caused everyone to turn around and glance at me but I saw the trio at the front all flashed me a grateful smile.

"What did I say about laying low?" Edmund whispered through gritted teeth, I just rolled my eyes at him.

"They already made it pretty clear that they know I'm here so what's the point of laying low now" I said causing Edmund to shake his head at me but he didn't say anything in return. We just both returned our focus to the discussion going on at the front.

"I'm not going to talk about Cedric so if that's why you're here you might as well leave"  Harry said which was then followed by an awkward silence.

"Is it true that you can produce a patronous Charm?" Luna asked clearly trying to help Harry out.

"Yes, I've seen it" replied Hermione which caused me to raise my eyebrows, I didn't know Potter was that good of a wizard.

"Blimey Harry didn't know you could do that" Dean Thomas, a Gryffindor boy said.

Then Harry, Ron and Hermione used this as a way to persuade everyone to join the club which they had named Dumbeldore's Army.

Then everyone queued up so they would be able to put their names on the sign up sheet both Edmund and I were at the end of the line so we had to wait a while.

Once we made it to the front of the queue it was our turn to sign our names on.

"Do you guys mind if I put my friend's name down he was unable to come due to an injury?" I asked and Hermione nodded eagerly, the more the merrier I guess.

Before I left I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder to stop me.

"Um thanks for helping us out there Alicia" Hermione said this was one of the first time she addressed me using my first name, nice looks like we were making progress.

"Anytime Granger" I said and then winked at her which caused her to blush and look down but I could see the faint smile on her face.

"Come on Al let's go we need to get some sweets from Honeydukes" my brother called out from outside the Inn so I said my goodbyes to the trio and then left with my brother and  we made our to Honeydukes.