Part 15 (Start of Sixith Year)

Both Edmund and I were playing outside in the garden with our little sister

Both Edmund and I were playing outside in the garden with our little sister. It had been a long summer and it had been a while since we received any news from the Order.

As I entered the house to get some water to drink I heard the doorbell go off and then went to the door and opened it to find Lupin standing outside.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as we were not informed of his visit.

"I'm here to take you and your brother to the Weasley house" he said as he stepped inside and I closed the door behind him.

"Get your trunks ready we must leave as soon as possible" he said as stood in the corridor looking around for anyone else.

I went out to call both Edmund and Sidney back in and once they came inside I told Ed about the situation at hand. As we walked to Lupin we saw he was in the corridor talking to our (adoptive) mum.

"Come on you two you heard Remus you need to get your trunks ready immediately" She said causing us to walk upstairs to get our stuff for Hogwarts ready.

It didn't take long as one swish of our wands and both our trunks were ready and filled with all we needed. Edmund used him magic to bring our trunks down to the corridor where Lupin was waiting for us.

Both Edmund and I said our goodbyes to our family and then Lupin apparated us and our trunks to the burrow.

"Well we've arrived, hope you both feel alright apparating can leave you a bit nausea" he said and I instantly felt what he was talking about and it wasn't pleasant.

We walked towards the door of the burrow and knocked on the door and Mrs Weasley opened it and greeted us as we walked in.

"Alicia" I heard someone say my name and then I was pushed back by an aggressive hug, it was Hermione.

Once we parted I was happy to see the face of my friends. They all greeted Edmund and I with hugs. After everyone had finished saying their hellos. My friends took us upstairs so we could get settled into our allocated rooms.

"Well you're sharing with Ginny and I" Hermione said as I walked into the room with some of my necessities in a bag so I wouldn't have to bring my trunk all the way up.

"This is cozy" I said as I looked around what I presumed to be Ginny's room it was average size but I didn't believe that it could fit three teenage girls.

"Yeah we'll work out who sleeps where later on" Hermione said as I settled my stuff on the dresser next to the bed.

Then a awkward silence fell between us, we hadn't really talked about the kiss on the last day of our fifth year and I guess we were rueing that decision now.

"Hey Hermione I wanted to talk to you about the you know" I said as I sat down on one of the beds in the room and Hermione followed suite.

"Yeah I guess that's been overdue" she replied with a small awkward laugh and then she looked at me as if to encourage me to take lead of this conversation.

"Did it mean anything to you?" I asked go in to one of the hard hitting questions instead of beating around the bush as I usually do.

"I don't know, I do like you but I...it's confusing" she responded her confession some how relieved me as she had finally admitted her feelings for me which was a step in the right direction.

"I don't know whether you want to pursue an us but I'm ready to wait for you till you make a decision because these things can be really difficult to figure out especially in our situation" I said in an effort to somehow reassure her and make sure she didn't feel pressured into anything. 

In response Hermione just laid her head against my shoulder with had now become a habit of hers.

"Thank you" she murmured quietly she seemed a bit out of it like she was already contemplating all the things that had happened between us.

Once again a silence fell between us but now it was more of a comforting kind of quiet a type that I could stay in forever.

"Your hair smells like raspberries, it's really nice"Hermione asked me randomly breaking the silence.

"Thank you?" I replied to her slightly confused as her statement was a bit of an odd compliment.

"Harry!" We heard a shout from downstairs which caused both Hermione and I to get up and rush down to the ground floor of the house.

Once we had arrived downstairs I saw Hermione rush into Harry's arms right after Ginny had pulled away from him but it seemed like she didn't want to which hinted that there was something going on between them. I wonder if Ron knows?

Hermione returned to my side after she had properly greeted Harry and we waited until Harry had finished talking to Mrs Weasley.

When he was done we all went upstairs and sat on the floor in Ron's room while Harry used his wand to light a fire to keep us warm. Hermione was seated next to me while Harry and Ron sat next to each other.

"Well how are you guys feeling about getting your OWL results, I heard they're coming tomorrow!" Hermione said excitedly trying to start up a conversation between the four of us.

"Blimey that's tomorrow I'm absolutely dreading it" Ron said shocked with a slight bit of panic laced in his voice which was understandable as these results could make or break your wizarding career.

"I'm pretty sure I failed Herbology" I said which caused the trio to look up at me with questioning faces.

"I skipped most of the herbology classes with Dylan the only difference is he knew all there was to know" I said with a laugh which caused both Ron and Harry to join in as well but I could feel the disappointment radiating from Hermione.

"That's not funny Al, what if you got in some serious trouble" Hermione said switching on her 'mum of the group' attitude on.

"Hermione its like you said it's fun breaking the rules" I said with a small wink which caused her to scoff and shake her head.

"That was different it was to help improve our education, it was for the greater good" she replied trying to explain herself.

"Yeah I skipped the classes for the greater good of my mental sanity" I responded which caused both the boys and I to laugh.

We continued to talk till the depths of the night and for once in a very long time, I think we all forgot about the imminent threat that was looming.